- Name: Matthew Mascia
- Position: Offensive Line
- College: University of New Hampshire
- Height : 6′ 2″
- Weight: 300 lbs
- Instagram: @Matt.Mascia70
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Jason Kelce, he is one of the most intelligent and athletic offensive lineman in the league and I would love to pick his brain.
2. What do you do for fun?
I like to stay active so I workout a lot, go to the driving range or golfing, hanging by a campfire with friends.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
Controlled aggression, you have to play this game aggressive, but for each battle you win physically you need to win mentally as well.
4. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
First game I ever played back in 2017 in our home opener I was the 6th lineman so if anyone got I was the first man in. On the second play of that game the RG got hurt and I was in, shows you how important it is to always be ready. In the same year we played Central Arkansas who was the 4 seed in the playoffs a game that we were supposed to beat pretty well and we went down and had a huge upset. Then playing for UNH nothing is better than winning the musket, one of the best feelings out there.
5. What is your favorite workout?
I love to bench, old fashioned hard work, need to have a good punch on the O-line.
6.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Overcoming the doubters that thought you were given things as a coaches son and becoming a four year division one starter.
7. If you can live anywhere in the world where and why?
Long Island. Beautiful area, great food, has everything you need between beaches, golf courses, fishing spots, it’s perfect.
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
My father is a high school football coach back in Long Island, growing up I would be a water boy for the team. From a young age I was addicted to football all the emotions on that field, the highs and lows, the lessons taught, I wanted to be apart of it. Football is a huge part of my family so I do it to make them proud as well.
9.How has your experience as a New Hampshire University Wildcats football player been?
I’ve loved every second of it, UNH has given me so many memories and friends that I will have for life. I am lucky enough to be coached by one of the greatest coaches and mentors in college football. The program he leads is built upon hard work and accountability, the lessons I have learned from him have molded me into the man I am today.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
Someone who is disciplined, accountable and will always come into work wanting to be better than I was the day before. Someone who will thrive in whatever role I am put into. A player like myself has always been a leader, no matter what situation I’m in I will lead.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
11. If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
Overlooked, from when I was young I was always a big kid who struggled with some bullying, people didn’t see my potential from a young age and this theme of people not seeing my potential followed me through the recruiting process. I had a great high school career but for some reason no one at the division one level was taking a shot on me, for a while I thought I would be a division two football player, until I spoke with UNH. They were the first school to take a chance on me and offer me a scholarship, following that a bunch of other schools did as well. As an offensive lineman who is a little shy of 6’3” you were never someone’s first choice at this level because they always want the bigger athlete. I’ve been overlooked my whole life but it has never stopped me from proving people wrong.
12. What would you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
I hope to have the opportunity to make a living and be able to set my family up for success. I’ve always strived to make my family proud and this would be no different.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I know tons of agents are looking for someone to make highlights for their clients. Listen make sure you hit up ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- We have been interviewing some big-time prospects already, and we are adding @GioNFLDraft into the mix. He is a be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/kylin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Moore may not end up missing a game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/12/d-j-mo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Patrick Johnson, DE, Tulane nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/patric… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KRbuSwBZq7
about 22 mins ago