- Name: Lazon Hicks Jr.
- Height: 6’5
- Weight: 240
- Position: TE / Hybrid
- College: Ferris State University
- Twitter: @zonhicksjr
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• 5 guys hands down, nobody can make a better burger and fries in my opinion.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When looking at my film you’re able to see that I can block and continue to run my feet. Also transitioning from the Wide Receiver position, I have the foot speed and mechanics to run routes precisely.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Buying stocks and rental properties with 75% of the money the other 25% would go to my parents for their retirement, they have been really supportive and encourage me every day,
What has been your biggest failure?
• I believe my biggest failure was lacking in my biology class, I didn’t push myself hard enough to succeed. Just like anything in life, you have to continue to push and strive for perfection.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe my teammates would say my best quality is my humor, I bring laughs on and off the field, but being a “giver” is a close second. I try to help out my teammates as much as possible, especially the other Tight Ends on the team. I give advice such as technique and teaching plays.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• It’s between me and Collin Allenstefer (TE). Collin and I push each other at every workout. He always brings the best out of me and he would say the same thing about me,
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I go by “Zon” it’s short for Lazon, Another nickname that is mentioned here and there is “MegaZon” This is copied from Calvin Johnson’s “Megatron” and stuck with me throughout my college career because some of the catches I’ve made resemble Calvin.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Currently wrapping up my last semester here at Ferris with a Bachelor’s in Business Management and a Minor in Human Resources. My dream job would be the General Manager of a high-end hotel in Florida. I grew up in the “hotel” industry due to my mom’s career and find that this would be something I could be extremely successful at.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment was when I volunteered to help Keller Williams Reality restore the outside of a homeless shelter, knowing that I helped change people’s lives makes me feel amazing.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• My go to song at karaoke night is 2 phones by Kevin Gates.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• My actor would have to be Will Smith. My favorite actor hands down.
Who is your favorite football team?
• NFL: Raiders CF Division 1: LSU
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning: Do not attempt to go up for a Jump ball with this athlete, you will lose.
What is your biggest fear?
• Not making my family proud, they have stuck with me through thick and thin.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Travis Kelce is better than Kittle, I said it.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I wake up and shower, go to team breakfast, Listen to music in the locker room with teammates, walk to the stadium playing Power by Kanye West, Get stretched out, and dressed for the game. Pregame I make sure to bump fist with my OL coach and pray to God that he keeps me and my team safe on the field.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I build PC’s, Produce beats, DJ, and play video games.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Darren Waller, My body type and set of skills reminds me of him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, two very hard workers in life, they give me the motivation to attack life head-on and to grow and learn along the way.
What motivates you to work hard?
• What motivates me is that many people don’t get the chance to do what I’m doing right now. God has blessed me with this talent and I do not want it to go to waste. I know my talent and have faith someone will see that in me. I am hoping I can get that shot.