- Name: Josh Hagerty
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 205 lbs
- Position: Safety
- College: University of Saskatchewan
- Twitter: @JR_HAGS
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Hometown diner, great breakfast place!
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- The physical play I bring every down. I come downhill every chance I get and try to be around the ball every play. My sideline to sideline pursuit stands out as I’m able to cover a lot of ground.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- The first thing I would do if I won the lottery would be putting a large sum of the money in a compound savings account and invest the rest in businesses
What has been your biggest failure?
- Missing my scholarship average by 0.5%. It was very disappointing to work hard for 2 semesters and to come up short and have to make my parents pay for the school year and missing out on my scholarship. Since then I’ve worked even harder and achieved my highest grades in university.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My work ethic. I come to practice every day with a mindset of trying to get better each practice and never let anyone in my position out work me. It’s something that’s easily in my control and pays off on the game day.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Colton Klassen. The guy never takes a playoff and goes 100 mph every second.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- A nickname I’ve had for a while is “Hags” it’s short for my last name Hagerty
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- I’m majoring in Marketing in the College of Commerce. My dream job is to own my own business of sorts if football doesn’t work out.
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment is making the U18 Team Canada and being able to play in AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Take me home, country roads
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Chris Hemsworth
Who is your favorite football team?
- Denver Broncos
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning: Beware of aggressive dog
What is your biggest fear?
- Falling from a very high place
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Justin Simmons
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- Eat a good breakfast, light lunch (depending on the time of the game) listen to chill music throughout the day plus watch NCAA highlight videos. Than pregame playlist once I get to the stadium. Set up my game pants and take out all my equipment and lay it out. Roll out and stretch before going out on the turf to throw the ball around for 10 min in pregame, come back in and start to get dressed and visualize me in the game and what I got to do. Finally, play my top 3 pregame songs before we go out for stretch and warmup
Do you have any hobbies?
- In the summer I like to golf and in the winter I like to go skiing in the mountains
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Derwin James, similar body size and the tenacity to play aggressive
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My father. He loves football more than anything and was the one who showed me the game and supported me along the way with the rest of my family. He and the rest of my family have pushed me to be a hard worker and earn everything in life.
What motivates you to work hard?
- Trying to make my family proud and set myself up for a successful life as nothing comes easy. And trying to be the best at whatever I do as I’m super competitive.