- Name: Jeremy Bell
- Height: 5’11 ¾
- Weight: 185
- Position: Cornerback
- College: University of Charleston, WV
- Twitter: @Desired_Gift
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Marietta Diner. It is really popular and rated the number 3 dinner in the nation!
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When NFL Scouts and coaches breakdown my film, I believe my fluidity and consistency in footwork/technique will be one of the first things they notice. Also, they will quickly notice my patience, excellent man coverage skills, route recognition, and football I.Q. They will clearly see me as an NFL potential day 1 starter based on my comparable football skills to Power 5 players.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won the lotto, the first thing I would do with the money is to pay my tithes to my church (Enlightened Christian Center)
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was not understanding the athletic and academic opportunities I had coming out of high school. Ultimately, I learned from my failures, and those helped shape me into the student-athlete I am today.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say that my best quality is the ability to lead by example in the classroom, on and off the field, and in all aspects of life. I have learned that not all leaders come with microphones.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• There are several teammates of mine who, from my experience, put in the extra work to compete at a high level. To name a few: Michael Strachan, Kenny Randall, Quinard Thomas, and Kei Beckham. The five of us are consistently working to bring a Championship to UC.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I don’t have a nickname.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My major is Business Administration. Whether I do or do not make it as a professional football player, I plan to open an exotic zoo. Football will help make that path a little easier.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
• There are two moments that really stand out. Teaching the youth ministry for the entire summer of 2019 and teaching the adult church service in the pastor’s absence. Teaching the youth ministry allowed me to make a connection with the teenagers and allowed me to impart into their lives in a way that they felt comfortable and in a way that they considered cool. Speaking to the adults was special because of the positive feedback from people who felt like my message was the right word for them at that season of life. Both moments made me feel like I was doing what God wanted me to do.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• That is a tough choice for Karaoke but right now my favorite song is Adore You by Harry Styles
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I don’t watch a lot of movies but if I could pick any actor to play me in a movie it would be Michael B. Jordan
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite football team is the New England Patriots
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Sarcastic and overly competitive all while being extremely loving and supportive
What is your biggest fear?
• Being a man of faith, I don’t have fear issues because I know that what God has for me, I will receive it because I am doing the natural and spiritual things to accomplish them.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Matt Ryan is my most underrated player because he consistently puts up the elite numbers each year but does not have the Superbowl rings to get him placed as an elite QB in the league.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
•After watching team film, I like to go to bed earlier than most nights to be well-rested. My routine from that point forward differs between home and away games. One thing that is consistent is that that I start my game day off listening to Gospel music and, prior to putting my uniform on, I anoint my body with oil from head to toe and pray. Afterward, I like to listen to Pop music to give my adrenaline a boost before going out for warmup sessions.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I play three instruments – keyboard, viola, and guitar. Also, I enjoy writing poetry and spoken word.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Stephon Gilmore because of his ability to trust his technique over his athletic abilities allowing him to be patient in man coverage whether it be press or off-man and also in zone coverage. This allows him to make an impact make plays on the ball at key moments in the game. These techniques allow him to be trusted by his coaches to do his job.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my Dad. He taught me to start where you are, use what you have, and leave the rest to God. He imparted the faith into me to never quit learning, growing, and working for success. He provided me with hope when life seems hopeless.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I am motivated to work hard because I have a desire to be the best in everything I do. Anything that you put your hands to establish your reputation so I try to give it my best effort. I want people to know that I never stop working to be the best I can be.