Devante Strickland was a standout linebacker for Kent State University lost his life in a shooting. Strickland played in 33 games for the Golden Flashes.
Deputies in Fairfield County discovered two victims suffering from gunshot wounds while investigating a late-night noise complaint. One of the victims, a Columbus man, later died from his injuries.
According to the police report, deputies were investigating a “loud party call” around midnight when they heard gunshots.
There were two victims of gunshot wounds. Strickland, 27 succumbed to his wounds at the hospital.
Kent State University Director of Athletics Joel Nielsen released the following statement regarding Strickland’s death:
“We are extremely saddened to learn about the passing of former Kent State University student-athlete, DeVante’ Strickland. He was an outstanding young man and team leader during his time on campus. He always voiced his desire to help others upon completion of his time at Kent State. Our thoughts and prayers are with DaVante’s family and friends during this challenging time.”
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great opportunity for small schoolers! Must check it out twitter.com/cgssmall/statu…
about 22 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Jeffrey Gunter nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jeffre… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vq3MZQvOca
about 23 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills ift.tt/39qKbxK
about 36 mins ago