- Name: Dast Sturkie Jr.
- Position: DE
- College: Shaw University
- Height: 6′ 4″
- Weight: 260 lbs
- Instagram: @_football41
1.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Being one of the greats. Being an inspiration for the young kids at home who grew up like me who don’t think they can make it.
2.What is your favorite workout?
- Bench Press
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- Dog mentality. First play of the game I want my opponent to know its going to be a long game for him. Go hard and play every down like it’s my last.
4.How has your experience as a Shaw University Bears football player been?
- Great, best coaches’ hands down. I’m surrounded by people who love and care for me from coaches to players. It’s all about brotherhood with us, we all we got. Wouldn’t rather be on no other collegiate team.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
5.What do you do for fun?
- Workout and play video games. I don’t really think about having fun right now so I try to surround myself with things related to football.
6.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- California. Always been my dream to move and stay out there. That’s a sign to myself letting me know I made it… I succeeded in life.
7.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- Finding myself after my grandad died. He died when I was 8. He was the only father figure I had in my life. His passing left me fighting with anger and depression. I had to figure out on my own how to transition from boy to man. It’s still a constant battle but I know he watching over me. I know he proud. It left a hole in my heart.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Football was the first sport I ever played. I was good a basketball and track but football the only sport I get to be aggressive without being charged for it. I knew football was my calling at a young age I’m good at it, it’s my happiness. I’m myself when I’m on the field, I don’t have to think about anything else.
9.What is your favorite snack?
- Donuts lol I can eat a whole box in one day if I allowed myself to. I try to stay away from them.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A go-getter, a hustler. Always ready for a challenge, always ready to work. I don’t want any handouts, nothing comes easy so I’m always ready to work. Somebody who’s smart, someone who pays attention to details and listens. When it comes to knowing my assignment and perfecting it, it’s no problem.
11.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Going out in public and somebody says, “you look like a football player.” “You play Defensive End don’t you.” Waking up every morning putting on my Shaw gear to go-to workouts. Meetings and film sessions. Going to the cafe with my teammates. The hype and adrenaline I get when we arrive at the stadium. The first snap. Getting a sack or tackle for life. Can’t forget about the naps before practice.
12.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Julius Peppers, my all-time favorite DE. I use to watch him play growing up and still watch his highlights trying to learn his moves and how he played. Best Defensive end to ever play the game in my eyes. Would love to get some tips from him.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 58 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Interesting Small Schoolers represent!!! twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 3 hours ago