- Name: Darrell Wilson
- Position: DB
- College: Marian University
- Height: 6′ 2″
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Twitter: @WilsonDarrell_
1.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Getting there I’d be living out a childhood dream. I don’t want to “just make it” though. I want to have a 5+ year career, Win a Super Bowl, and make a few pro bowls. To leave my imprint on the game.
2 .If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- Honestly, I’m not picky I’m fine with anywhere as long as I got my own space and land.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- I’m focused, I’m the quarterback of the defense. I know I’m already well prepared. So with that focus now my intentions are pure dominance and imposing my will on my opponent.
4.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- For me, it was dealing with my best friend passing away and my cousin a few weeks later. Their deaths put more things into perspective for me. It taught me to seize the moment of every day and gave me the confidence and drive to chase my dreams without the fear of failure or coming up short.
5. What do you do for fun?
- I watch a lot of movies and Netflix. I also enjoy listening to music.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
6. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- One would be from this past 2019 season; I forced and recovered a fumble with 5 minutes left in the game to send us to the National Championship. Then just getting that experience from the Championship game. With all the memories that came with it.
7.What is your favorite workout?
- I’d have to say squatting but specifically front squats.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Honestly, I think it’s from watching the Chicago Bears play on tv. With seeing how much fun they had and the feeling I got from watching it and then playing it myself I fell in love with the game.
9.How has your experience as a Marian University Knights football player been?
- My experience of being a Marian football player has been great. I’m grateful for the life long friendships I’ve created and the memories. The winning culture we have definitely made it A fun journey too. Going there is one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life thus far.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A leader, fearless competitor, Relentless work ethic, Coachable player, Versatile with size and speed, Team first player.
11.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- “Relly’s Journey” Rell is a nickname I got back in high school and it’s stayed with me until now. So It’ll be about my adventure and journey through life and how far I’ve come.
12.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- It’ll definitely be with Ed Reed. He’s one of the greatest football players of all time and he played my position. So to talk to him and learn and pick his brain would be cool.