- Name: D’Angelo Amos
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 190
- Position: S, Returner
- College: James Madison University
- Twitter: @almostfamos_
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Tipsy Crab or Croaker Spot
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• COMMUNICATION, football IQ, passion, and instincts.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Payoff any debt my mom, grandma, or siblings may have.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Not winning the National Championships in 2017, 2018, and 2019
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my best quality as a returner is vision and as a safety knowledge of the game.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• My entire safety room.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• At home, Biggie. At JMU, D-lo
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Sports and Recreation Management with a Business Minor. My dream job is playing football and I don’t doubt myself as a football player so there isn’t any other dream job.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Being a role model to my baby brother and sister
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Rags2riches by Rod Wave
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Will Smith or Martin Lawrence
Who is your favorite football team?
• Whichever team I am playing on.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Respect me or be forced to.
What is your biggest fear?
• Losing my mom or siblings
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• DaShaun Amos
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I pray twice and think about my “Why”, listen to my game day playlist, and dance during warm-ups. Next, I calm myself down and go over all my pre-snap reads and play indicators. Right before we run out the tunnel I sit down in the tunnel and envision the win. Finally, once we line up and the ball is kicked off the tee I get excited and yell in my head lol
Do you have any hobbies?
• Drawing tattoos, training and film, and help my woman with softball.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Honey Badger
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Mom and brother DaShaun. My mom has come from rock and bottom and raised 4 kids by herself teaching me how to handle adversity, stretch a dollar, and never let anyone see you sweat. DaShaun has been my ultimate competitor in my entire life. We have been striving for top dog since I was 4 years old and recently we’ve been guiding each other to live right in all aspects of life.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My mom and grandma still haven’t retired. Also, my mission to make sure future generations of my family never have to imagine struggling ever again isn’t complete.