If College Football plays could their be a death? One professor at the University of Illinois believes that if the football season is played 3 to 7 football players will die from the coronavirus during the the season. He goes as far as to guarantee a player dies, in a recent interview with CBS Sports.
“A few of them could end up in the hospital, and you’ll have a small number who could die,” Jacobson, a University of Illinois computer science professor. “I don’t want to sugar coat it for you. I just want to give you the facts. … If everybody comes together under normal circumstances, we’ll probably see that kind of outcome. … I guarantee someone is going to die. The virus does not discriminate.”
“If it’s the starting quarterback for Alabama, that’s going to get a different level of attention than a third-string safety at Illinois,” Jacobson told CBS Sports. “The fact is the problem you’re talking about is much bigger than football. How much risk are you willing to tolerate on your campus to be able to open it up? The research suggests how much risk you’re willing to take will determine what kind of outcomes you’ll have. To think you’ll run away from infections is naïve.”
The Doctor is basing his projections off of CDC data, that projects one death per 1,000 people who have symptoms in the college age group (18-22).
With this data, do you think college will go out there and open up with no problem? I honestly feel the college football season will be postponed. I don’t know why I have been having that feeling, but this is not good.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/u0nNW8NTJm
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/daniel…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- I’m getting 10 sacks twitter.com/realrico_bf/st…
about 1 hour ago