- Name: Christopher Shakespeare
- Height: 6’1”
- Weight: 245lbs
- Position: DE/OLB
- College: Muskingum University
- Twitter: @only1_shake
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Honestly, there’s so many so I’m going to choose a sleeper.. Harvard Deli they have the best corn beef sandwiches in the city
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- Something that I look for in studying myself is recognizing if my technique or my pursuit to the ball changes as the game progresses. I’ve been doing that sense high school.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- Invest in a restaurant with my youngest brother Tim and name it “Shakespeare’s Poetic Touch”
What has been your biggest failure?
- Never winning a championship in basketball or football at any level. That has always been something I’ve been trying to chase for a while and I’m still not done chasing besides basketball now.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Honestly they’d say on the field I have a relentless effort to chase down plays from anywhere all over the field as well as the energy I bring on a week to week bases. Off the field they’d say I’m a comedian but truly I don’t think I’m that funny.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- That’s such a tough question to answer because I can’t just name one teammate. We have some underclassmen that match the level of work ethic our upperclassmen have but honestly I’d have to say Drew Lowery, Cortez McGinnis, Brian Brown & Yo’Vonne Roberts
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- Of course, since a child I’ve been going by Shake or Big Shake
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- Art & Sociology. If football doesn’t work out my dream job is to become an Architect. I love drawing & designing with a passion so it’d be easy applying something I love to do in my everyday life.
What is your coolest life moment?
- Spending a month in Colorado with my older brother Isaiah. We stayed at my Aunt & Uncle’s house with our 8 cousins. The mountains and nature out there is something like I’ve never seen before, beautiful view
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Party in The USA – Miley Cyrus easily
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Richard Pryor or Martin Lawrence
Check out NFL Draft Diamond 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
- Cleveland Browns Dawg Pound thru and thru🐶
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Daisy Lane ☔️
What is your biggest fear?
- Not being a role model for my younger brother
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Steffon Diggs, he doesn’t get the credit he deserves.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- Start off with some old 80’s & 90’s rap walking down the hill toward the locker room for pregame talk to lock in. Hop in the heat tank and get rolled out by the our trainers. Then switch my music focus to Detroit & DMV hip hop to put me in game mode before I step on the field
Do you have any hobbies?
- I’d say drawing, playing basketball, playing NBA 2k & fortnite, or spending some time with family and family
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I’d say Isaiah Simmons because you can put me at various places on the field
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My older brothers Landel, Danny and Isaiah. Growing up at a early age in a household where our parents worked late nights all we had were each other. Seeing Landel play football drove me to elevate my game like his. Isaiah and Danny played basketball & would have my younger brother and I do drills that they would do and sometimes it got on my nerves and they would notice push me even harder. They taught me to fight thru any obstacle no matter how challenging it may be and it translates to life.
What motivates you to work hard?
- Putting my family in a better situation so that my brothers (children’s) children will be set for life