- Name: Christian Perkins
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 210
- Position: TE/DE/OLB
- College: Becker College
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Offensive/Defensive schemes. Individual player habits/giveaways. Such as an O-lineman sitting back on his heels and light on his fingers when pulling.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Give back to my College Football Team and donate to organizations that are actively looking to end/raise awareness of Domestic Violence.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure to date would be not going to he ANC invite I got. COVID hit, gyms and all fields in my area shut down. I did not want to work out in front of scouts and not present my best self. If I could go back in time I would go anyways.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership and versatility. I was a captain my senior year, I had to start full time both sides of the ball and almost all special teams.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Jared Zieman
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Just “Perk” because of my last name.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I have 1 more semester left with my major being Criminal Justice. As an African man in this world right now I think it’s very important that I get into Law Enforcement and help show the people that not all officers are bad. I truly believe I could make a difference in my community.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Week 3 senior year of college. We were playing MIT and I got thrown a flat route and took it all the way for 52 yards. Prior to that moment, I have never touched a football in my career outside of falling on top of fumbles, so it meant a lot to get that on my last ride.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• All me – Drake
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Denzel Washington
Who is your favorite football team?
• New England Patriots
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• “I don’t tolerate BS”
What is your biggest fear?
• Not having a chance to reach my full potential with the sport that gave me everything. And not being and to provide a suitable future for myself and my family.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Taysom Hill
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I have a specific playlist that I listen to. I get dressed I dont really speak to anyone because I have inner conversations with myself. I think of my hard work. I think of all the times my high school coaches turned a blind eye to me because all the kids whose parents donated to the team played, but my family was too poor. I think about the things that I saw as a child and what brought me to this point. Then I speak to my team and make sure their heads are all in the right space. Also, I will listen to Ray Lewis to speak.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I workout, go to my job, read the bible. Spend time with my little brothers, or close friends.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Although he just got drafted, I would say Isaiah Simmons. I say this because he is the first college player I’ve seen that could play at any spot on the defensive, just like I have the ability to do.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Ray Lewis. With his childhood and background, I feel as though he is the only player I could truly resonate with. I often listen to his speeches pre-game.
What motivates you to work hard?
• What motivates me to work hard is that someday I know I’m going to have a son that needs his father around. I know there are kids out there that feel like a nobody just like I did because of their home environment. And if I ever received a big enough platform, I would like to reach out to those kids to let them know that their future is in their hands despite that they had to see growing up. What also motivates me is no one in my graduating class thought I would be able to play college football. I was the only one out of my class to be a true freshman and later on a captain.