- Name: Charlie Moore
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 215
- Position: Linebacker
- College: University of Calgary
- Twitter: @_charlie_moore
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• I’m going to have to copy my teammate Grant McDonald on this one, just because we’re both from the same small town, and there isn’t a crazy amount of places to eat. But either way, Ossie’s deli has to be my favorite place in town hands down.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I think when you watch my film you’ll see that I can play special teams well and that my versatility and athleticism will stand out the most.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won the lottery I think the first thing I would buy would be a motorbike my Dad a motorbike and a new car for my mom. My parents are two of the most generous people I’ve met and I would want to do something to give back to them and say thanks for all they have done for me.
What has been your biggest failure?
• When I came to university I was originally enrolled in business, however, I was really struggling with the calculus portion and ended up having to switch degree paths in order to stay in school. Despite not having been able to finish my business degree though, I feel changing degrees gave me some insight as to other careers I might want to pursue once my football career comes to an end.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• If you were to ask my teammates, I feel as though they would say that I am a good leader. I’m not always super vocal in the way that I lead, but I do my best to lead by example, and I am always honest with my teammates whenever we communicate.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I would say that most of the starters on our team train and practice at about the same level, but some guys can also work just as hard in the classroom, and in the film room, and I think that Nick Statz does the best job at that.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I’ve had countless nicknames over the years but the main one most of my current teammates and coaches call me is Chuck.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am currently finishing up the last bit of my BSc in Geography. Once I graduate and I’m no longer playing football, I plan to use my degree to help me to pursue a career in firefighting.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment hands down was being in Quebec winning the national championship with my closest friends, and coaches. We all worked really hard to get to that point and to see it all come together was really something special.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• My go-to karaoke song would definitely have to be Fishin’ In The Dark by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Off the top of my head I would probably pick Jonah Hill just because I think he’s pretty funny but can still be serious at times, and I feel like that’s sort of how I am. Plus I just like his movies.
Who is your favorite football team?
• A lot of people find it strange that I don’t really have a favorite NFL or CFL team, especially after having played for so many years, but I find like teams based on their players. Since players are constantly being traded/ retiring it makes it tough for me to pick just one team. But I think I’ll always have a soft spot the BC lions because they’re the team I first started watching when I began playing football.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Warning, do not provoke.
What is your biggest fear?
• I think for me my biggest fear would be losing a loved one.
NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• In my eyes I think Micah Hyde is the most underrated player in the NFL. I realized he does receive a fair bit of recognition, but I feel that his level of play is greatly above what he receives credit for.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• On game-day I always try to stay as consistent as possible. I normally have the same routine before I get to the stadium, and I always try to give myself a bit of extra time so that I can get into the right headspace. I normally get taped up and stay fairly calm until after we’ve done our pregame warm-up. As soon as we’re back in the locker room I normally get pretty restless and usually get the shakes from all the adrenaline, then its time to perform.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Yeah I do, one that some people find kind of funny is that I enjoy cutting hair. I actually cut a large number of guys on the team’s hair, there’s a bit of joke that I’m the team’s barber.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• If I was to compare myself to someone in the NFL, I would probably pick Leighton Vander Esch, he’s a very good linebacker and I do my best to try to model my game after him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I think my parents have been the biggest influence on my life just because they were the ones who constantly supported me through all the major decisions I have made in my life, and have allowed me to be where I am today.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I think what motivates me the most to work hard is family. I really want to show my parents that all they’re investing in me isn’t going to waste, and I also plan to have kids someday. So for me being able to provide for my future kids, and being able to show them how powerful working hard can be, really helps to give me motivation.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Darren Hall, CB, San Diego State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/darren…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Noah Johnson, QB, University of South Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jerry Jacobs, DB, Arkansas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jerry-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 14, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ryan Neuzil, OL, Appalachian State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago