- Name: Carlton Lorenz
- Position: OL
- College: Portland State University
- Height: 6′ 4″
- Weight: 290 lbs
- Twitter: @CarltonLorenz
1.What do you do for fun?
Hang with my family and friends and going to the beach.
2.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
I would love to hang out with Joe Thomas and pick his brain regarding his preparation and the mental side of the guy.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset on the field is very detail-oriented, I’ve drilled the same steps and the same pass protections over and over and engrained those movements so on the field I’m just thinking what I need to do with my body for each specific play.
4.What is your favorite workout?
I love the technical side of OL play so being able to break down movements and work on them is my favorite type of workout.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
5. How was your experience at Vanderbilt and what are your expectations for Portland St.?
Vanderbilt was great, you get the opportunity of a lifetime, by competing against the best in the classroom Monday through Friday and competing against the best on the football field, that experience really pushes you and has made me a better person because of it. I’m extremely excited about this Portland St team, we have talent at every position and I’m excited to get to work with those guys and go win a national championship.
6.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
The road less traveled. Because of my unorthodox football journey. Starting at an NAIA school then going JuCo and after that going to Vanderbilt and getting my degree from there and now going to play at Portland St for my final year while starting my master’s degree. It’s been quite the journey and I wouldn’t change one part of it.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
Probably LA where I live right now. I love traveling and I love visiting new places but LA has and always will be home.
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
I have always loved sports and played every sport I could as a kid and football ended up being the sport I fell in love with.
9. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
Too many to count! This game has given me countless memories and friendships it would be unfair to just name one.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
They would get a guy who comes in and works hard. Someone who loves football and a team first guy.
11. What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
My goal is to play as long as I can. I trust the Lord with his plan for me and football, so I just work hard with the goal of being in the NFL for as long as I can.
12.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
My biggest challenge has been my college experience. Going to 4 schools in 5 years is tough. It’s been my greatest challenge and my greatest accomplishment because there were times at every school that I could’ve just stopped and given up and that was something I could never bring myself to doing so for that I am forever grateful.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Anyone know how to stream ESPN?
about 29 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Summary: Josh Hayes, DB, North Dakota State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/josh-h… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Justin Manson, Running Back nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/justin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Anyone have a stream of the Orlando City Soccer game?
about 1 hour ago
- Good Deal here! You can get 700 for three of the 16 cards twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/…
about 2 hours ago