- Name: Bradey Sorenson
- Position: LS
- College: South Dakota State University
- Height:6′ 2″
- Weight: 236 lbs
- Twitter: @Bradey16
1. How has your experience as a South Dakota State University Jackrabbits player been?
- My experience at South Dakota State Univerity has been tremendously fulfilling over the last four years. I had the luxury of working with some great coaches and players and growing not only as an athlete but also as an individual. I’ve also had excellent exposure competing against FBS schools, playing on ESPN College Gameday last fall, and making deep FCS playoff runs over the past three years.
2. What is your favorite workout?
- My favorite workout has most recently been a straight bar deadlift. This lift has done a tremendous job building my posterior chain muscles and allowing me to perform explosively on the field during games.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- When I am on the football field, I block out any outside distractions and focus only on my assignment. When it comes to being a long snapper, precision is critical during each snap, and there are only a few reps I will get on the field, so there is no room for error.
4. If your life was a tv show, what would you call it and why?
- My life as a TV show would be “The life of a D1 long snapper.” It would consist of football, fitness, summer hiking, and monotonous content. My days usually revolve around being the best athlete I can be, going to class, and hiking in the summers. I’m not sure how many people would watch it, but it works for me.
5.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- One area I would love to live in is Seattle, Washington. I have family members that live out here and reasonably lovely weather year-round that is perfect for training. The scenery is fantastic with the Olympic mountains to the west of Seattle, the cascade mountain range to the east, Mount Rainier to the south, and Mount Baker to the north.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
6. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- A few of my favorite moments during my time at South Dakota State would be my first career start as the long snapper as well as playing against the Minnesota Gophers and ESPN College Gameday. Both these games are unique to me because of the energy of the crowd and the players on the field. It is an experience you can’t get by sitting in the stands.
7. What do you do for fun?
- Outside of football, I love to go hiking, lift weights, and spend time with friends or family.
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I chose to play football for a few reasons. Playing football was able to help pay for my education at South Dakota State, along with my passion for playing the sport. Football was also able to teach me valuable life lessons that I can further apply to my career—teamwork, discipline, goal-setting, and success and failure. It is these lessons that will help me become more successful in the future.
9. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
- My biggest challenge in life has been going against the grain and sticking with my goals. An example of this would be spending the past few summers in Seattle to work with various health experts, monitoring my sleep and eating habits, and carving out time in my day to make sure I’m as prepared as possible for the upcoming season. It is easy to become complacent in today’s society as well as fall into that college lifestyle. Focusing on the longterm outcome and reminding myself why I’m putting in all this work helps get me through these challenges.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would be getting someone who is committed to perfecting their craft regardless of their role.
11.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day, who and why?
- I would love to hang out with Tim Tebow. For me, he was a big inspiration growing up watching him compete at the collegiate and NFL level.
12. What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I hope to become the best long snapper in the league and win a Superbowl. Secure my future financially. Financial security is essential to me because it will allow me to go to physical therapy school and start a clinic.