- Name: Kama Kamaka
- Position: Nickelback
- College: San Diego University
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 220 lbs
1.What has been your biggest challenge in life?
I’d say my biggest challenge was my junior year in high school when I lacerated my spleen and bruised my kidney while from getting hit in a football game. I was hospitalized for a week. The recovery process was long and monotonous, and it taught me a lot about myself.
2. If your life was a TV show what would you call it and why?
Hawaii Five-O. It was probably my favorite show growing up and takes place where I live.
3. What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My mindset on the football field is to just do my job to the best of my ability, and the plays will come. Our head coach Dale Lindsey preaches this and we have found a lot of success as a team with this mindset.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
Honestly, I would just want to stay where I am from and live in Kailua, Hawaii. This place means a lot to me and it is where a lot of people dream to live. I’m so lucky to have been born and raised here, Kailua and Hawaii in general is truly a special place.
5. What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
If I’m lucky enough to I make it in the NFL, I would love to do well enough and accumulate enough money to support my family. My parents and brother have done a lot for me and it would be awesome to give back to them.
6.What do you do for fun?
Surfing, recently due to the whole COVID-19 situation and being at home, my brother, a few friends and I have been surfing a lot. We’ve been going 3-4 times a week. Hawaii kept surfing available through this whole thing which was awesome, it allowed us to go play around in the ocean and surf. It’s a great hobby and something I’m gonna keep doing for the rest of my life.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
7. What is your favorite workout?
Beach workouts with my brother.
8. What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
I’d say my dad was why I became a football player. He helped me get interested in the sport and from there it just became my passion. He didn’t force me to play anything, just after watching football and enjoying it I wanted to play from a young age. It’s an awesome sport and I’m happy my dad got me into it from a young age.
9. How has your experience as a San Diego University Toreros football player been?
It’s been amazing. Coming here 3 years ago was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The experiences, things I’ve learned and relationships I’ve built I will keep with me forever.
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
A team is going to get an extremely hard worker who loves to play the game and will do anything it takes to win.
11. If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
Junior Seau, he was a great player and a legend in the Polynesian community.
12. What are your favorite moments from your football life?
My favorite moments are just the pure stoke and excitement after winning.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Get it Mom! twitter.com/laydgem/status…
about 59 mins ago
- I have been home all week while they installed floors in my house. I am really happy with how it turned out! https://t.co/BaEyQMT4Vo
about 60 mins ago
- Did You See This:Predicting a Trade: Bears ship QB Mitch Trubisky to the Patriots for a late-round conditional pick… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Danny Laudet, P/K, Concordia St. Paul nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/danny-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago