This year Baltimore, Maryland has a ton of prospects for the NFL Draft. Another player from the B-More area is Duke edge rusher Victor Dimukeje. He has 38 career starts for the Blue Devils and has been one of the best edge rushers in the conference.
Dimukeje is majoring in Evolutionary Anthropology which is pretty impressive. The former Boys’ Latin School high school standout was the 36 best defensive end in the country according to Rivals. As a senior, he recorded 72 tackles, 21 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. He would end up choosing Duke and boy did he make the right decision.
As a true freshman, Victor balled out starting all 13 games and racking up 40 tackles including 7.5 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks. He was named to the First Team Freshman All-American list by ESPN.
Check out other 2021 NFL Draft Prospects draft breakdown articles!
Victor would continue his domination going into his Sophomore year. He started all thirteen games piling up 42 tackles and 8.5 tackles for loss and adding 3.5 sacks. He received the Mike Mcgee Award as the teams top defensive lineman as a true sophomore.
Last year, Dimukeje dominated the ACC. He finished with All-Second Team Honors. He started every game for the third consecutive year. He finished with 41 tackles, had 9.5 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks. he was fourth in the ACC with sacks and I would not be surprised if he hit the 10 mark in 2020.
NFL teams are going to love his first step, Victor is smart and has a great motor. Baltimore, where you at? Y’all about to have some studs in the NFL next year. We have already showcased like 10 players from the DMV this year.
NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Notes:
I love players that have tons of starting experience and are proven hard workers. Over Victor Dimukeje’s career, he has line up 2,043 times, and has 122 tackles and 24.5 tackles for loss with 14 sacks. He is a 6020 pass rusher that weighs 265 pounds. He has a great first step and is very bright. Overall, I think Dimukeje is a draft pick and will play in the NFL for many years. I know one thing, opposing offensive lineman are going to hate lining up against #51 in 2020, I have him finishing with 10 plus sacks, so get ready to be abused big guys. – Damond Talbot, NFL Draft Diamonds Owner
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fanelli’s Fave Five Prop Bets for TNF: Washington Football Team vs. Dallas Cowboys ift.tt/33ifw1C
about 15 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Giovani Bernard Injury Update, Bengals back is suffering from a concussion nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/giovan…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Teddy Bridgewater Injury Update, Teddy is practicing today…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 22 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ulTnhIDe2o
about 27 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/KPkbAFRkx4
about 28 mins ago