Tommy Davis was one of the strongest players to ever play at the University of North Carolina. A matter of fact the former defensive lineman still holds the record at the school in the bench press (460), power clean (363) and in squatting (640) for a defensive end.
Tommy Davis lost his life this week unfortunately to a motorcycle accident. He was 37 years old, and had a stint in the NFL after going undrafted.
Davis spent time on the Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints and New York Giants roster.
Per 247Sports, Davis was quite the standout for the Tarheels.
At North Carolina, Davis played in all 12 games as a true freshman in 2002 and started the final five games of the year at defensive end. As a sophomore in 2003, Davis played in 11 games and started five and finished the season with 30 tackles, including 20 primary stops and 10 assists, two tackles for losses of nine yards, one fumble recovery and six quarterback hurries.
In 2004, Davis started all 12 games at defensive end and had 48 tackles, including 22 solo stops and 26 assists. The junior led the team with 7.5 tackles for losses of 22 yards and added three sacks and a team-high eight quarterback hurries.
Please keep Tommy Davis’ family in your prayers during this tragic event.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Teams hit me up all the time, looking for an offensive lineman. But in all my time looking at workouts, I have… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- R.J. Prince, OL, Free Agent Workout | Former Ravens OL Has Crazy Flexibility youtu.be/-mpCGg8-05I
about 58 mins ago
- Interesting twitter.com/rapsheet/statu…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/u7wr8SpQOj
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 935 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/small-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago