- Name: Steven Taylor
- Position: OL
- College: Southern Arkansas
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight:290 lbs
1.If your life was a TV show what would you call it and why?
- Stevens Universe, because like the show I am not always what people think. Despite those who underestimated me I have continued to grow and hopefully improve every day.
2.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- Any time my team was able to overcome adversity. Whether that be rebounding from a loss or beating a team that others thought we wouldn’t. In particular last season after a loss to Harding we went on the road and picked up a win against Arkansas tech in Russellville, a place where we hadn’t won since 2007.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- Every time I step onto the field for a game or practice I approach it with a confident mindset. I believe that all the work and preparation that I put in prior will show and give me the results that I am looking for.
4. So Southern Arkansas is the Muleriders what does it mean to you to be a Southern Arkansas Mulerider?
- To me being a Mulerider is about being apart of a tight-knit community, where everyone knows everyone, and you don’t have to look far for a helping hand.
5.If you could hang out with any football player past or present who and why?
- I would definitely hangout with Larry Allen because he also came from a division 2 school and eventually worked his way into becoming one of the best offensive linemen in NFL history.
6.If you were on an island and could only have three things which three things would you have?
- A knife, flint for fire starting, and a filtration water bottle
7.If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?
- I would be a bear because it’s a symbol of courage, conquest, and physical strength.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Seeing the “Friday night lights” culture of Texas High School football and how the sport brings people from all walks of life together.
9.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- I’d hope to exceed the expectations that some have placed on me coming from division two and have a long healthy career that puts me into the same discussion as the great offensive lineman before me.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- A team would be getting an accountable and coachable player, who always works hard and exceeds expectations.
11.What do you do for fun?
- In my free time, I enjoy lifting weights, perfecting my craft as an offensive lineman, and of course spending time with my family.
12.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- I would live in Texas, because everything is bigger and better.