Pete Carroll had a really nice message about racial issues in America this past week. Carroll said there are many ways to contribute to the change.
“We are living in the midst of a cultural transformation. And we’ve never needed it more than now,” he wrote.
Caroll mentioned that “while there are many ways to contribute to the change, we can start by making a heartfelt commitment to treat all people equally and with the respect they deserve.”
He urged Seahawks fans to “seize the opportunity to discover a new caring, one grounded in a new awareness, new compassion, a new empathy.”
This is pretty powerful, but remember the Seahawks who need a back-up more than any team in the NFL, two years ago denied Kaepernick a workout after scheduling him to perform.
More on this: #Seahawks workout with Kaepernick was on the books for Monday. After being set into motion, Seattle front office followed up and asked if Kaepernick would stipulate to ending his kneeling during anthem. Kaepernick said no. #Seahawks then scrubbed the entire visit. https://t.co/jWavFUbS2S— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) April 12, 2018
After arranging for Colin Kaepernick to work out for the Seahawks this week, Seattle postponed the trip when the quarterback declined to stop kneeling during the national anthem next season, league sources tell ESPN.
More ahead on NFL Live now.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 12, 2018
I know the events had to happen for people to speak out, but here is my question, what is stopping the Seahawks now? If they are truly against the injustice, why won’t they bring in Kaepernick?
Warren Moon another black quarterback who played for the Seahawks talked to TMZ Sports, and said he feels it would be a great fit for Seattle.
“I know he’s really involved in this crusade of his with social injustice and that,” Moon tells us … “It takes a lot of focus so you’re gonna have to pick one.”
“If he’s willing to play football and put the time in that’s its gonna take to be a quarterback in the NFL, he definitely deserves an opportunity to get that because he was definitely misinterpreted 4 years ago with his stand.”
“They know what he can do as a player cause they’ve been against him many times in the division when he was the starting QB in San Francisco.”
“It’s just a matter of whether he still wants to play football. I think the Seahawks style of play fits what he likes to do and I think it would be a good fit if he wants to play football.”
So here is my question, is Pete Carroll serious? If so why are we not seeing Kaepernick signed to the Seahawks, or at least getting a workout?
Let me finish it by saying this. Their back-up is Geno Smith. YOU CANNOT TELL ME HE IS BETTER THAN KAEPERNICK, So don’t go there.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Does evidence prove LSU WR Ja’Marr Chase is a natural underachiever? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/jamarr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- FORMER NFL SCOUT SAYS STRONG CHANCE TREVOR LAWRENCE WILL BE A BUST nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-sc… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/BOq53xV9kL
about 2 hours ago
- Young football player from Texas forced to quit after teammates bullied him to drink urine nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/drink-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Britt Reid is still a free man and we need to step in, A 5 year old girl could have permanent brain damage… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Trenchmen’s Corner| Quinn Meinerz Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago