- Name: Kaelub Newman
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 198
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Indiana State University
- Twitter: @kaelubn22
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Mike Ditka’s Restaurant
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- Effort, Aggression, Feet
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- Get my Mom a house
What has been your biggest failure?
- Grades in high school closing off opportunities
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Off the field….Level headed/ Humor…On the field, aggression.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Neamiah Montague
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- Kae/ Hoodie Kae/ KJ
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- Psychology/ dream job is to coach, after that Counseling Psychologist
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
- Getting my first D1 offer out of JuCo and making Honor roll at ISU
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- A Boogie with the Hoodie- D.T.B
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Nick Sims
Who is your favorite football team?
- Who ever has the best DB core at the time
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
What is your biggest fear?
- Failure or not obtaining a goal I set.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Minkah Fitzpatrick
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- Yoga and vibe music/ get to the stadium and active stretch/ go out to the field before game and do footwork drills/ Get dress/ Watch DB nation highlight tape and Ray Lewis-Rise…
Do you have any hobbies?
- Play Madden, reflect on societal problems with people, hang out with teammates
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Richard Sherman (Fast enough, Aggressive, can play man or zone, always finding ways to break the game down in a simpler form, no one can get in my head)
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents, my mom is the true example of handling adversity. My dad is self employed, shows me you get out what you put in. My sister Zoë… she’s handicap but never has excuses.
What motivates you to work hard?
- Doubters, wanting to see my full potential, friends/family