- Name: Jordin Brown
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 205
- Position: Free Safety (FS)
- College: University of Charleston (D2)
- Twitter: @__jbrown31
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• The best restaurant in Columbus, OH is Cap City Diner & Bar.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• Breaking down my film the areas that will stick out are instincts, recognition of routes, hustle and my determination.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Donate to Donate Life America
What has been your biggest failure?
• Failure is something not most people embrace. To me failure is a way of learning. I have failed numerous times but have always reflected and learned from each one. One of my biggest failures to me was being told I wasn’t good enough to play at a certain level. This fueled my fire to understand failure and address it accordingly in the future.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Personable and encouraging. I push myself and all those around me to reach their maximum potential on any given day.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• OLB Michael Perry
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I received a Bachelor of Science in Sport Business. One of my dream jobs is to work in a professional sport organization. I enjoy the game of sport and wish to pursue it in any aspect in the future.
What is your coolest life moment?
• One of the coolest life moments I can remember is when I got the chance to compete at The Ohio State University to display my athletic talent and abilities. I got the chance to go up against some of the top talented recruits in the nation.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Fresh Prince of Bel Air
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Ice Cube
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• Houston Texans
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• WARNING: HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE
What is your biggest fear?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Denver Bronco, Justin Simmons. Simmons has remarkable size and speed. His coverage abilities continue to grow in the league today.
Take us through game day, how do you prepare?
• Gameday is that one day you prepare for all week. My expectation is to do my assignment at a high level and stay mentally locked into the game plan developed. In this moment I also mentally see myself executing my assignments and making game changing plays before kickoff. As I prepare myself mentally I also prepare physically by stretching and warming up on the field with my teammates. After my pre-game prayer nothing else matters. I’m completely locked in to compete at my highest level.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Yes, I enjoy training, socializing with friends, and drawing my future tattoos.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• From a young age I idolized Tyrann Mathieu. He could shift the momentum of any game in any phase. Mathieu is interchangeable at many defensive positions. I too have played many positions over my career. I compare myself to him because I feel I can positively impact and alter any game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I can think of several people who have been an influence on my life over the many years. One person who has the biggest influence on my life would be my brother Jaiden. I tragically lost my younger brother to gun violence in 2013. As a sophomore in high school, I quickly realized what my life would be about. The emptiness of my household fueled me to live with the same passion and smiling heart as my brother once did. He has influenced me to become a personable individual while maintaining my fuel and focus on competing.