UAB’s defensive back Dy’Jonn Turner is one of the most underrated prospects in the entire 2021 NFL Draft. He is underrated and has proven his value after a stellar junior season.
Out of 118 qualifying slot corners in 2019, UAB’s Dy’jonn Turner recorded the second-highest PFF coverage grade. He allowed a first down on just 13% of his targets in the slot, which was the second-lowest rate and over 25 percentage points below the average. Turner actually forced more incompletions than first downs allowed while defending the slot. Those are pretty absurd numbers, even more so when looking at his 2018 campaign — when he allowed more yards in coverage in nearly half the snaps.
He was a three year starting cornerback for Florence High School in Alabama, and tallied 58 tackles, registered three interceptions and had 10 pass break ups as a senior.
He was a very solid special teams player for the Blazers his freshman year.
He would begin to turn it on as a Sophomore though. He saw action in 13 games and racked up 16 tackles. He also finished with an interception on the season.
In 2019, Turner finished with 35 tackles, 9 PBU’s and 1 interception. He was one of the most sound defensive backs in the country.
Entering 2020, UAB brings back 18 total starters from a team that won the second most games in program history last year. The Blazers aim for their third straight C-USA West Division title this year and its second overall title in the past three years.
NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Notes:
Dy’Jonn Turner is a 5110, 210 pound defensive back who stays in your face. He has played safety and slot corner for the Blazers and has become one of the best covering defensive backs in the country. People are sleeping on him, and I feel he is way better than marketed. He reminds me a lot of Desmond King from the Chargers. He has great ball skills, but seems to always be near his receiver when the ball is thrown. – Damond Talbot, Owner, NFL Draft Diamonds
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Chargers QB Tyrod Taylor suffered a punctured lung from the team doctor nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tyrod-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Tevin Singleton, DB, Bowie State University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/40nnaEMtokY
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Caleb Green, Athlete nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/caleb-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4Bn0B4ckeh
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 23, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- ICYMI:QB Playground Edition: Who’s Swinging Up, Who’s Sliding Down? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/WjyWxpoygh
about 1 hour ago