- Name: Dustin Crouser
- Position: LB
- College: West Virginia State
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 240 lbs
- Twitter: @d_crouser
1.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Luke Kuechly. I’d love to just pick his brain on the game and specifically the linebacker position. He is one of the most dominant linebackers in my era but his intelligence of the game is what really intrigues me.
2.What is your favorite dinner?
- Surf n Turf. I love me a big juicy steak with some grilled shrimp on the side. With a loaded baked potato to go with it.
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is to be the most aggressive player on the field. Whether I’m making tackles, shedding blocks, or covering receivers, I want my opponent to feel me all game long.
4.How has your experience as a West Virginia State Yellow Jackets player been?
- I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I am basically playing for my hometown and community so all of the people close to me get to see me play most Saturdays. My head coach is an outstanding up and coming young coach who pushes me every day to be the best version of myself and I couldn’t be more thankful for that.
5.If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?
- The Alpha Wolf. I try to pride myself in being a great leader to not only my teammates on the field, but to other people in the community as well. I want other people to follow my lead, as the alpha wolf leads his pack.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
6.What do you hope to accomplish if you make it into the NFL?
- Whatever level I play at, my first goal is to do whatever I can to contribute to team success and winning. To be a super bowl champion, while contributing to the team’s success has always been a dream of mine.
7.What are your favorite moments of your football life?
- I left UNC Charlotte back in 2015 after a successful season there and didn’t play football for 2.5 years after that. I decided to join the team at WVSU after that and was completely out of shape. My favorite moment was working myself all the way back through the struggles and in just my second game back, I returned an interception for a TD to help our team seal a win. I felt like I really came full circle. Also leading the nation in solo tackles this past season.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- I was always the biggest kid in my area growing up. I was 5’11 in 5th grade so my family thought I would end up being a better basketball player. But I never ended up getting taller than 6’3 so I decided that football would be my calling card.
9.What do you do for fun?
- I am a huge TV show binge-watcher. I actually have a list of all the shows I’ve watched start to finish. I also play 2k with my friends often. I really enjoy spending time with the boys as well.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- Someone who is going to give everything he has to the game of football and who is going to want to learn as much as possible. I am always looking to learn more and expand my game. Also, someone who is going to do whatever he has to do to contribute to team success.
11.If your life was a tv show what would you call it and why?
- The Road to Redemption. A lot of people wrote me off after I left UNC Charlotte but I persevered through the tough times and got back to the playing level I wanted to be.
12.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- I am a big water/tropical person, so I would definitely have to choose Hawaii. Hanging out on the beach is one of my favorite things to do and the water and scenery in Hawaii are just beautiful to see.