- Name: Dion Graham
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 285
- Position: DT
- College: Ferrum College
- Twitter: @DiontheGrizzly5
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Coming from a small town we don’t have many options, but China Wok is the best in the town. It would probably still be the best restaurant even if we had more options.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film, my explosiveness and use of hands will stick out most. I consider playing with aggression to be a big part of my game
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- If I won the lotto I would have a ton of things I would want to do with the money, but the first thing I would do is put a portion of it into savings. A wise man once told me to save more than you spend and when you get some more money, do it again.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure was not taking chances. The answer might be cliche, but as I got older I realized I missed out on A LOT of opportunities because I didn’t take any chances. I didn’t believe in myself back then and I regret it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my best quality is my competitiveness. I don’t like losing as athletes commonly don’t, but I like to compete in all aspects. In the weight room, if I someone putting 580 on the squat rack you better believe you will see 585 or 590 on my rack next set. In the classroom, I compete with myself by trying to make progressions in my grade each semester.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- This is a tough decision because my team is full of hard-working and dedicated teammates. We all motivate each other to work to the best of our ability in every effort. If I had to pick one though I would give it to Brandon Scott, he gives it his all.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- In high school they called me grizzly and I carried that name with me through high school as I was fond of it. When I got to Ferrum they called me OG and that’s what I go by now.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- I’m earning my degree in Psychology, so if I don’t make it as a football player my dream job is a school counselor. I would like to work with middle school-aged children.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment was something that occurred recently. I was driving on the highway and I looked left at a car driving right alongside me. In the passenger seat was a kid between the 4-7. He looked at me and I looked at him. He smiled and nodded at me to say “what’s up” I smiled and nodded back at him. It may have been a cooler moment for me than the little kid but I couldn’t stop smiling that day. I hope the moment was cool for him too.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- I would probably sing Hotline Bling by Drake and do the little dance along with it.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- I would choose LL Cool J without a doubt. People have said I looked like him for years so I would only be right.
Who is your favorite football team?
- My favorite team is the New York Giants.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- My warning label would say must be fed every 4-6 hours and hydrated properly to function.
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is that I will die and not live on. I mean this as when I die, I would like to be remembered for something. Not so much being remembered by fame and notoriety but being remembered for making a change. Whether my change is minor or major I want to make one.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- The most underrated player in the NFL is Markus Golden. I’m not just saying that because I’m a Giants fan, but the man had 10 sacks last season which is more than the top-ranked OLB in the league. (Khalil Mack)
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- I start off the morning with a nice breakfast alongside my teammates. After breakfast, I go back to my room and get focused on the task at hand which is winning a football. I get all of my accessories necessary for the game, put on my Beats, and I head to the Norton Center. I make sure to hydrate while I’m waiting in the locker room. Before I put on my pads I head out to the field to grab an extra stretch before getting ready for the game. After I stretch and I throw those pads on, it’s gone time.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I have a few hobbies actually. I am a sneakerhead so collecting shoes is one of my favorites. My favorite pair of shoes is a pair that I don’t even own yet. Hopefully, I find them one day! I also like reading as I believe it opens my mind and makes me more imaginative. One of my favorite reads was The Alchemist. This is a book I would widely recommend. I also like playing NBA 2k with my friends in my free time.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I would compare myself to Damon “Snacks” Harrison. Our game is similar as we are both primarily run stoppers. He plays with a level of aggression that is unmatched and his ability to play his gap is admirable.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- The biggest influence on my life has been my uncle Mike. I always looked up to him since I was a little kid. When I was younger I looked up to him because he had shoes, clothes, and girls but as I got older his influence became stronger. His confidence and charisma influenced me to be more self-confident, which led me to take more chances and that led to me gaining more opportunities in life. He also influenced me to chase my dreams and enjoy life. I watched him grind night and day to get in the position he is now and he is reaping the rewards and enjoying his life. He influenced me without even knowing and that made his influence in my life even bigger.
What motivates you to work hard?
- My family motivates me to work harder. Seeing my mother make things happen for us growing up and knowing how hard it was for her to do so makes me work so hard. I saw her work hard for us because she loved us and I treat football like she would treat her kids. I have all younger siblings so it is inevitable that they would look up to their oldest brother. Knowing I have eyes on me at all times motivates me to work hard because I want to be that example. I want them to see how hard I worked to get where I am, be proud of me, and then work hard for their dreams and aspirations. I work hard so that in the future they won’t have to work. The thought of taking care of my family as they did me motivates me to work hard.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Robert Washington, RB, Valparaiso University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/robert… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 51 mins ago
- 2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Peter Kozushka, OL, University of Alberta nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/peter-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Peter Kozusha, OL, University of Alberta nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/peter-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Brent Laing, OL, Minnesota-Duluth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/brent-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jalen Wayne, WR, University of South Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/jalen-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...