- Name: Dalton Huffman
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 225
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Culver Stockton college
- Twitter: Mr_Huffman54
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Best restaurant would definitely be Gran Rio Mexican restaurant.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• What will stick out the most is my aggressiveness. I’m smaller than most teams want but I make up for it in football IQ, aggressiveness, and heart. I never give up on a play.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do is buy my momma a house and my pops a truck.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure up to date would be not trying in high school. I ended high school with a 2.5 gpa.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would probably say my best quality is how hard I work. I’m always the hardest worker on an off the field. And I’m always pushing my teammates as much as possible.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• The hardest working teammate would be pat Robinson. He’s constantly fought injuries and played through it. He was blessed with god given talent to play football but he works just as hard as if he didn’t have the abilities he has. He’s always pushing me to be a better leader better teammate and better player.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I’ve had a few nicknames my coaches in middle school called me tank, my coaches in high school called me Huff, and my mom calls me Dalton Bear.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in Criminal Justice my dream job in that field would be a homicide detective.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment would be making the presidents list at college. In high school I was never good at school and I made it a point to change that in college and I did. I’ve never had an accolade from school and that was very memorable.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• No doubt singing Don’t stop Believin by Journey at karaoke 100 percent.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• The actor I want to play me in a movie is John Cena cause everyone says I look like him anyway.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Dallas Cowboys fan all the way have been since I knew what football was. P.S. Dak if you’re reading this please sign the deal.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• My warning label would say “thank you” cause by the time you’re close enough to read it you’re already tackled.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not getting what I work for. I believe and I was taught at a young age to work for everything and never complain. So i Work work work and work some more to not be defined by my height. So yeah I’m scared I won’t get a look because I’m 5’9 and the 6’2 linebacker that rarely does anything gets a NFL look because he’s 6’2. I’m the definition of a diamond in the rough. I wanna prove that.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is definitely would be Sean Lee. He plays Linebacker for the Cowboys and never gets the respect he deserves. He led the league in tackles one year and didn’t make the pro bowl. I’m his early years he consistently was top 5 in the league in tackles and rarely ever got selected to all pro teams.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Game day I eat breakfast then go to my room and grab my stuff. Then I walk in get everyone hype and joke around with everyone. Try to get the energy up. I go down to the field to the goal post do 5 dip and rips both ways. Me and Patrick match steps. I do pass drops 5 each way. Then read steps to a 5 yard sprint 5 each way. Then finish it off with a cut drill. Then play catch for a few minutes. I go up and we blast music in the locker room until we go out as a team.
Do you have any hobbies?
• My hobbies are working out anyone who knows me knows I live in the weight room and my other hobbie is definitely gaming. I play apex madden 2k and fortnite. In another life I was definitely a professional gamer.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Luke Keuchly. He calls out plays before they happen his reads are impeccable and he’s consistently pushing everyone to work harder around him. His football IQ is the best I’ve ever seen. I try to model my play after him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad has been my biggest influence. He’s pushed me everyday. Not just in football but in life. He challenges me to be better than I was yesterday. I remember 4th grade going out on Saturdays and hitting the sled and sundays running. He told me if I work hard enough I can’t use my size as an excuse as to why I didn’t make it. When no one in the world believed in me my mom and my dad were there. When I do make it to pro ball I can’t wait to look into the camera and tell them we made it.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My motivation to work hard isn’t based off anything but me. I don’t try to outwork anybody but myself. If I work harder than I worked the day before then no one will ever outwork me. I will make I will prove everyone work. This chip on my shoulder motivates me.