- Name: Bailey Giffen
- Height: 5’ 9″
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Position: Kicker/Punter
- College: Lamar University
- Twitter: @ThatGuyBailey01
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Wings n’ More without a doubt!
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My leg strength, accuracy, and overall ability will stick out. I’m able to put kickoffs in the end zone and convert long field goals while being able to perform on punts and specialty kicks.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• I would probably buy a big piece of land for my family to live on.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I don’t know if I would consider this a failure, but I was unable to return to a team after an injury. Without this experience I wouldn’t be where I am today. I try to look at situations as a growth opportunity rather than a failure.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would hope they would say I am dependable and trustworthy off and on the field. As for on the field, I think they would describe my overall work ethic and competitiveness.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Besides the people you see often, it has to be John “Gamer” Farris. He is absolutely one of the hardest working kids I know.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• It has always been Billy or Gif. I used to have a coach from Canada who wasn’t able to pronounce Bailey very well so it came off as Billy. Started as a joke and has stuck ever since.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am currently entered in Lamar’s graduate school in psychology. I plan on going into Sports Psychology to help athletes perform at their best while helping student athletes cope with the stresses of school and sports
What is your coolest life moment?
• I was able to propose to my now fiancé on the football field using our video board with a video.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• By far anything by Queen, if it comes on I’m rocking with it.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I would have to pick Chris Evans. People often mistake us in public.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• I grew up watching the Dallas Cowboys but I like to watch certain players from each team.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Lightning Strikes In Area
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear would be that I don’t reach the expectations I set for myself.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player to me is Ryan Tannehill. He has performed well in his career taking teams to the playoffs but it is always written off as his supporting players.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• First I’ll wake up with my roommate where we head to team breakfast. After this I’ll usually go back to our room where we watch college game day and other games before we go to team meetings and the team pre-game meal. Right after our meal I will put on my headphones while we leave for the stadium. Once we arrive I like to walk the field and picture myself in different spots around the turf. I’ll head back to the locker room where I begin to prepare for our warm-up routine.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Outside of football I love to play baseball, video games, or go out to our land with my pops. Just spending time outside.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would like to compare myself to Stephen Gostkowski.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• This is hard as I have had many people help me on my path to where I am today, but I would have to pick my parents. They have always pushed me and supported me to work for my goals teaching me life lessons along the way. They are always in my corner.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My competitiveness and goals are what motivate me the most. I want to win whatever it is i’m doing whether it’s a board game or football game. I have very high expectations for myself I expect to achieve. I set higher expectations for myself than others.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great opportunity for small schoolers! Must check it out twitter.com/cgssmall/statu…
about 26 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Jeffrey Gunter nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jeffre… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vq3MZQvOca
about 27 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills ift.tt/39qKbxK
about 40 mins ago