According to Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic, the XFL has over 12 bidders and Vince McMahon is not one of them.
There were rumors that Vince McMahon was going to rebuy the league for pennies, but Vince said in a deposition that he would not be the one buying the league back.
“I don’t know why that’s out there, making me out to be the bad guy, [that] I’m going to buy the XFL back for pennies on the dollar, basically,” McMahon said, via Kaplan. “That helped me move into the direction of I’m not going to be a bidder, not going to have anything to do with it. I do hope that someone will pay a lot of money for it, and I do hope that it will survive.”
McMahon believes the league will have buyers and continue as early as February. Remember the league was off to a great start. Attendance was solid, they had TV offers from ESPN and were selling merchandise. The players sitting at home need the XFL. I hope it pans out.
“Based on preliminary feedback, there is a robust market for the [XFL]’s assets, including a number of potentially interested private equity firms and other strategic and financial sponsors,” McMahon said, via his lawyers.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jacob Cameron, LT, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jacob-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nate LaJoie, DL, Michigan Tech University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/nate-l…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Exercise for Football Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/exerci… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gs7eAIyoYk
about 47 mins ago
- Splash’s Week 8 Predictions ift.tt/3eaISmX
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:Predicting a trade: Bills send the Buccaneers a 5th round pick for TE Cameron Brate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago