According to Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic, the XFL has over 12 bidders and Vince McMahon is not one of them.
There were rumors that Vince McMahon was going to rebuy the league for pennies, but Vince said in a deposition that he would not be the one buying the league back.
“I don’t know why that’s out there, making me out to be the bad guy, [that] I’m going to buy the XFL back for pennies on the dollar, basically,” McMahon said, via Kaplan. “That helped me move into the direction of I’m not going to be a bidder, not going to have anything to do with it. I do hope that someone will pay a lot of money for it, and I do hope that it will survive.”
McMahon believes the league will have buyers and continue as early as February. Remember the league was off to a great start. Attendance was solid, they had TV offers from ESPN and were selling merchandise. The players sitting at home need the XFL. I hope it pans out.
“Based on preliminary feedback, there is a robust market for the [XFL]’s assets, including a number of potentially interested private equity firms and other strategic and financial sponsors,” McMahon said, via his lawyers.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/zion-j… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/drRMgaEb3Q
about 24 mins ago
- I would give up a 4th right now twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Drew Seers, LB, Lindenwood University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/drew-s… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: D’Anthony Bell, S, University of West Florida… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Tyler Dressler, LB, University of Richmond | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/uvgX1idgrG0
about 1 hour ago