An unidentified NFL player filed a lawsuit against United Airlines, saying another passenger sexually assaulted and harassed him during a February flight.
According to the complaint obtained by USA TODAY Sports, the unnamed player boarded a flight from Los Angeles to Newark, New Jersey, late Feb. 10. The lawsuit was filed anonymously.
A female passenger, described in the lawsuit as a “middle-aged, Caucasian female,” was seated next to him and began questioning why the player was wearing a facemask, which, per to the complaint, was to be proactive about the spread of COVID-19. According to the World Health Organization, there were 12 confirmed cases in the United States.
Eventually, the woman allegedly began engaging in “verbal and/or physical conduct of a sexual nature” toward the NFL player, identified as “John Doe 1” from Essex County, New Jersey. Another plaintiff in the lawsuit is listed as “John Doe 2,” who does not play in the league and resides in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Both are identified in the lawsuit as black males, per the report.
The crazy thing is United reportedly failed to deal with the situation. It is pretty graphic. The lady reportedly grabbed the players junk, pulled off his facemask and refused to let him get to the flight attendant to tell someone.
The lady “admitted she was drinking and had taken pills” and was moved to another row when flight attendants arrived to the row.
This is a civil case, but this is a wild story. I mean I am sure it happened, it sounds crazy though. I guess I would be embarrassed to put my name on the lawsuit too. I think he is definitely doing the right thing though.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dontè Simmons, RB, Delaware Valley University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/donte-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Imagine if all the 5 star athletes committed to HBCU schools? - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/hbcu-4/ @HBCUDigest @HBCUGameday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Eric Barriere Jr., QB, Eastern Washington nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/eric-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bryan Mills, CB, North Carolina Central University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/bryan-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mason Sikes, TE, Boise State University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/mason-… @masonsikes22… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago