- Name: Sidney Jones
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 295
- Position: DT
- College: Southern Connecticut State University
- Twitter: @STK_64
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Hartford has great Jamaican food all over. Personally I’m a fan of the Jerk Pit.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My strength. Being able to fight through double teams to make a tackle or force pressure on the QB when they pass the ball.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Take my mother and grandmother on a shopping spree. They deserve it.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I would say last season. Tearing my meniscus a week before week one was frustrating, especially when I was planning on having a big year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership and setting the example. I’m not much of a talker. I let my on field work do the talking.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I would have to say Kwadir Delgado-McIntyre. Ever since he’s joined the team he’s been working hard. It’s paid off for him ever since.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• I go by Sid or Ca$hout because of my clothing line. One that also sticks around with me is Sid The Squid.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I graduated with a journalism degree and I would love to work in the sports journalism field. ESPN, Bleacher Report, NFL are some places I dream of being at, but I also would love to start my own media brand from jump as well
What is your coolest life moment?
• Traveling to San Francisco. It was just beautiful and I learned so much.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell or No Guidance by Chris Brown.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• I think I would have to play myself. I don’t know who could play me better than me
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• Indianapolis Colts
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Silent but crazy.
What is your biggest fear?
• Letting my family down.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darius Leonard. He’s put up ridiculous numbers for his first two years but yet he still doesn’t get talked about enough.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I wake up, make a gameday snap to my streaks. Go to meetings. Eat. Tweet “Get up, get out, it’s gameday”. Walkthroughs. Talk to my dad on the phone. I then have my headphones in blasting my gameday playlist. I get taped up, stretch, put on my full uniform. I then sit in my locker until my group is called out. I make sure “Can’t Say” by Travis Scott is the last song I play before we leave the locker room. From there, it’s showtime.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I DJ, do photography, and I have my own clothing line called Ca$hout Kong’s.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Geno Atkins. We’re both quiet players but we know how to do our job and do it well when it’s time to play.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family. They’ve supported me so much throughout my life and football journey. They make the game that much more fun for me when I hear them cheering my name before games.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I’ve always been told hard work will lead you to where you want to be. I lost last season due to injury and was blessed with the opportunity to have one more season. Through quarantine and all I’m working my absolute hardest to win a championship for my team, and also be able to make a name for myself. That’s why I work hard.