By: Brandon Gubitosa
The 6-foot-4, 201-pound playmaking receiver out of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma has been a consistent part of the Grizzlies offense the last three seasons. Samuel Akem enters his senior year with 136 receptions for 1,934 yards and 20 touchdowns.
Akem rose onto the scene during his sophomore year in 2018 with a conference best 13 touchdowns. His season was cut short in 2019, however, Akem is expected to make a full recovery. Akem is opposite of Samori Toure on the field, making them arguably the best receiving corp in the country.
The offensive threat is poised to play a huge role for the Grizzlies this season. He is a big body receiver that wins jump balls and is physical not he line of scrimmage. He has an NFL body and draws the attention of multiple defenders when he has the ball.
NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Notes:
Size and Big Play Ability, that is what every NFL team wants in a wide receiver. Samuel Akem is that that guy! He stands around 6’4 and weighs 201 pounds and when you watch film the kid he seems to always come down with the ball. Akem uses his body well to make a play and has speed to get away from defenders. Akem and Toure are two amazing players for the Griz. – Damond Talbot, Owner, NFL Draft Diamonds
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I have thought about that, but he never had run-ins. He did exactly what he was asked even when it came to switchi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 mins ago
- It wasn’t hard to say right twitter.com/k_masterman/st…
about 6 mins ago
- One of his only penalties right here! Jack Del Rio got mad too. It was against my Bills and guess what happened? R… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- First off he is a punter and not a kicker and @PatMcAfeeShow had a personality and that didn’t prevent him from get… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- I love this response, come with actual evidence of shenanigans? Dont just put some bs in the air without merit. Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago