- Name: Robert Gillum
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 250
- Position: Tight End
- College: Illinois State
- Twitter: @RobertG_2k16
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- I’m from Kansas City, Missouri, the bbq capital so I am going to have to say Gates BBQ.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- I would say how aggressive I am when inline blocking or my ability to run, jump and move like I can for my size.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- I would give a large amount to my mom and invest with the rest.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure in my opinion is not winning a conference championship but don’t worry it’s coming soon.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- They would say how unselfish I am. I try to make sure everybody is straight but just worry about myself.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- That is tough a lot of my teammates work really hard. I would say Tim Mccloyn. The numbers I’ve seen him put up in the weight room is crazy.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- Rob, Big Rob
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- Sports Management and I would love to be a athletic director.
What is your coolest life moment?
- I would say breaking my high school scoring record and being interviewed on TV.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Respect The Game by Meek Mill
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- I would pick John Wick (Keanu Reeves). I recently watched all his movies and he might have made the best action movies ever.
Check out all our interviews and write up’s on Illinois State!
Who is your favorite football team?
- Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Be careful, he is a Gemini.
What is your biggest fear?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Tyrann Mathieu. He made so many plays for the chiefs this past season. He should mentioned a lot more when it comes to defensive awards in the league.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- First I wake up take a shower and eat breakfast and go through all the team obligations. Once yo comes time to warm up and get ready I play music and just visual how the game is going to go and all the plays I plan to make.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I would say playing video games especially because of the Covid-19. My daily hours of gaming has increased tremendously
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I like to be compared to Antonio Gates or Jared Cook. Two big athletic guys that can run and use their body well. They both also have good ball skills.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom and her constant motivation and compassion she shows me keeps me strong. It pushes me to want better in life.
What motivates you to work hard?
- The background that I come from. I always wanted to give my future kids and family the best life possible. My mom worked as hard as she could raising me and my siblings so I owe it all back to her as well.