- Name: Rece Roney
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 305
- Position: OL
- College: University of St. Francis Indiana
- Twitter: @receroney74
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Coming from a small town we only have three restaurants to choose from, but the best is by far the “Rowdy Rooster” and their country breakfast/lunch.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film you will notice that I am able to make big plays happen with getting the big block and that I am athletic for my position.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do with the money would to be donate back to my local church, St. Anthony’s. I would find out what their plans are for growth and what they need taken care of.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure until this point in my life is that I did not give enough effort into my studying in high school and that reflected my grades.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•My teammates would say that I can always be held accountable and that I can flip the switch on game days with my aggression.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• The hardest working teammate at USF that everyone would agree on would be James Jamicich. He was a 1stteam all-American defensive end and he continuously worked at perfecting his craft and doing the right thing off the field as well.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• While in 8th grade, I got the nick name of “Big Country” or “BC” for short. The nickname started because I was #50 in basketball around that time and my friends called me that after Bryant Reeves from the NBA. Also, where I live it is basically just fields and a bunch of farmers so the name just stuck because I have always been bigger than everyone around home.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am going to school for my Bachelors of Nursing and if I do not make it as a football player my dream job is to become a Chief Nursing Officer in a big hospital.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment was when our team won the NAIA national championship my freshman year at USF. It was memorable for many reasons.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• “Courtesy of Red, White, and Blue”-Toby Keith
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• This is an easy one for me. I would pick Sylvester Stallone because the whole Rocky series I could watch on repeat.
Who is your favorite football team?
•My favorite NFL team is the Las Vegas Raiders.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Silent killer because with my aggressive play style. I keep too myself and worry about doing my job rather than others.
What is your biggest fear?
• By far my biggest fear is mice.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I believe that Alex Mack is the most underrated player in the NFL because since he was drafted he has yet to miss a start in any of his career games. Yet, he is rarely talked about.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I usually start my morning off with my roommates talking about the game, and then I need my pregame shower before heading to our team breakfast. Before heading to the stadium I make a brief stop at my parents tailgating tent to say hello. I then head over to the stadium and start getting dressed and taped. I don’t have any superstitions or things that I have to do before a game day.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Some of my favorite hobbies to do outside of football are to go hunting and fishing. I also enjoy riding my ATV. I love being outdoors as much as possible.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself to Chris Hubbard. He is a utility guy that can play multiple positions across the O-line.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been myself. Whether it is workouts, game day, or school work I’ve realized that I can only get out of it what I put into it and at the end of the day I am the only person to know if I got better. Other people have made an impression on my life, but I am the one who determines the direction of my life.
What motivates you to work hard?
•I am motivated to work hard because that was how I was raised. I work hard for myself and my teammates. Knowing that each of them are working hard makes it easier to do so as well. I would never want to sell them short and not put in the time to be better.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Cardinals take down the Seahawks
about 1 hour ago
- Isaiah Simmons!!!!
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Buffalo Bills are expected to work out TE Alex Ellis nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/alex-e… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- We may have a tie!!
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Freeman ankle injury update; How many weeks will he miss? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/devont…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago