UCF redshirt freshman defensive lineman Raymond Cutts was arrested Monday by the Orlando Police Department and charged with carrying a concealed firearm and grand theft in the third degree, according to an Orange County Clerk of Court records search.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Cutts denied he knew anything about the gun but the two passengers quickly pointed the finger at him.
Cutts was the only person in the backseat, where officers found an empty bag with marijuana residue and a Glock G27 semiautomatic handgun with a loaded magazine facing toward the front of the vehicle and concealed under the seat.
Cutts denied he knew anything about the gun, but the officer stated Cutts was a suspect in an investigation into the theft of a car and the same gun five days earlier in an area Cutts frequently visited.
The University of Central Florida released this statement on the arrest of Cutts:
“UCF Athletics officials are aware of the matter involving Raymond Cutts and have no further comment as we learn additional details about the situation.”
The UCF freshman defensive lineman, who starred at Orlando’s Jones High prior to signing as part of UCF’s 2019 recruiting class.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bayley Blanchard, WR, West Alabama nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/bayley… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Did You See This:Both the Pac-12 and the Mountain West are back playing football in the fall!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:ESPN reporter Mark Jones says he does not want a police escort because he does not want to get sho… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Put some respect on these names. Three QB’s that deserve more love nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/respec… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:Are the Dolphins scared to play Tua because he has still not been hit? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tua-2/ #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago