Hello, I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview with Prince Shonola. Make sure you follow him on Twitter at @Goldenflash001
1.If you were on a game show and won 100 thousand dollars what would you do with it?
- If I won 100 thousand dollars, I would invest into real estate, take care of my family and making sure I have all my football needs covered.
2.What is your favorite dinner?
- I am fairly simple. I LOVE Pasta!
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
- My mindset is to WIN!!! And to always have a plan at the line of scrimmage. MAKE A PLAY! My confidence and perseverance pushes me to thrive on the field. Understanding and trusting my abilities to control what I can; being a playmaker for my team.
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- I would love to hang out with Colin Kaepernick. The fact that he is an amazing athlete, with an amazing story. A guy who always had his back against the wall and still accomplished his goal of becoming and NFL player; which I can relate. Also, Kaepernick stood for what he believed in and it ultimately cost him his entire football career. Knowing this and still observing how he conducts himself away from the field, intrigues me. He is a strong-willed person who continues to defeat the odds.
5.What is your favorite movie?
- To pick only one movie is pretty tough. I have a few movies that tie for my favorite of all time.
- Money Talks
- Paid in Full
- All the “Friday” Movies
6.If you were on an island and could only have three things which three things would you have?
- If I were on an island and could only have three things, the first thing I would like to have in my possession will be a blade or knife of some sort. That way I can prepare food and create some shelter. Second, I would need some type of entertainment to pass the time. Possibly books or endless supply of music. Lastly, loved one. I would bring my girlfriend of course.
7.Who is your favorite musical artist?
- I do not have a favorite artist, I enjoy listening to many hip hop and rap artist in general. I enjoy listening to the instrumentals of a song in this era. However, J. Cole is a real lyricist in today’s Rap game.
8.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- Hurdling so many obstacles on the way, I would say football chose me. Being that I was a homeless kid at the age of 13, football gave me a way out. Growing up, I’ve always loved football. Playing from a young age, football became my first love. With all my family issues occurring at that time in my life, forced football to become irrelevant, and finding a place to sleep every night was the most important thing to me. The best decision I made was to play again. I picked up football again around 18 years old, jumping into a semi-pro league for the experience. (Orlando Phantoms). At this time I had no High School Diploma but I knew I wanted to one day go to college and become a college athlete. Soon after playing my first season of semi pro, I enrolled in a private academy and earned my high school diploma. My road has been nothing but proof for me. Proof that God is REAL. My opportunities will help me give back, to those who walk the same paths as I did growing up alone and afraid. It is deeper than football.
9.If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
- If I could love anywhere in the world, I cant help but to imagine myself in a space where I can have many acres of green land. With an amazing scenic mountain view.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- I am a creative, versatile playmaker. My biggest strength is my speed. Having the ability to score and make huge plays from anywhere on the field. Also, I have very strong hands with natural catching ability. The ability to separate, there are not many guys like me in the league who can create separation from the defender. Earning the trust of my teammates coaches and organization is very important to me. And I will do this with my actions and performance. My faith in God. I never truly cared about where I played but just always seeked an opportunity to keep playing. Knowing that once the right eyes see my value, they would appreciate what I can offer an organization, whether it is on or off the field, I am a professional.
11.What do you do for fun?
- I love to go, Bowling, play XBOX, and just hanging out with loves ones. I am an open-minded person, so I am optimistic about trying new things, as long as it isn’t too absurd.
12.If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?
- If I could be any animal, I would be an “Owl”. The Owl represents wisdom. Such a free-spirited animal, representing the ability to have good judgment and a deep connection with wisdom. Having the capacity to see what others may not, looking beyond the surface. Having intuition, by seeing through the deceitful. Also, an owl is symbolic of “Change”. My life has had many transitions, peaks and valleys but I have kept my relationship with God and look past illusions.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 600 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/xJX6TQJhKV
about 25 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Efrain Segoviano Jr., OL, Southwest Minnesota State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- ICYMI:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Brandy Holmes, Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/brandy… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pJDatQLm8m
about 33 mins ago
- That hit though wow twitter.com/barstoolstweet…
about 1 hour ago