- Name: Octovio Thomas
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 215
- Position: Athlete (RB/WR)
- College: Westfield State University
- Twitter: @kingbvo
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Best spot to go to would probably be Angelina’s in West Hartford, CT
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I believe my explosion sticks out, ability to see the field and recognizing defenses.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• First thing I’m doing if I win the lotto would be to give back to my family, starting with my parents coming from a poverty stricted background. They deserve to not work so hard and finally relax.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure was not being able to go D1 because of my grades. I believe I’m very intelligent but I wasn’t completely focused on the little things.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my will to get better, that I always seek for improvements and love the process of it.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• The quarterback has to be the hardest working teammate on the team, being able to go out there and control the flow of things.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Le’veon Bell, during practice a couple of the guys especially my boy Barbosa on the sideline would scream le’veon after I hit the hole, make a move and run 50 yards down field.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I’m currently majoring in Athletic training, if football doesn’t work out I would love to become a gym owner and be able to give back to the community and be an inspiration.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Coolest life moment was being able to do a back flip one handed catch.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Superstar from Lupe Fiasco all day haha
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Chad Bostwick when he played Black Panther
Make sure you check out our 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• Miami Dolphins, born in Coral Springs, Florida so gotta represent
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Caution, highly explosive. Can cause career ending mental breakdowns.
What is your biggest fear?
• Disappointing my family.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tavon Austin, that man is different and doesn’t get used. So sad.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I give thanks to our almighty God first thing when I woke up. Then I get some breakfast, usually would eat some waffles with eggs and a nice fruit smoothie while I watch old Reggie Bush highlights. Clean up and then go to the locker room bumping Ballin Like I’m Kobe from G Herbo. Get to the room, set out the gear in the locker, and tell myself, “when I get the chance I gotta make the most out of it.” 10mins before we go out all dressed up, I call my dad and just remember I’m playing for more than just me.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I love working out, but when I’m not at the gym I play video games and basketball.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would like to compare myself with Leveon and Saqoun, but I got a lot to prove and make a name for myself.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence is my dad, growing up seeing him work so hard and giving us his last so we could be happy just makes me want to be successful more than anything for him. He used to tell me stories of him growing up in the Virgin Islands and how much responsibility he had at a young age and having to work up early 4 in the morning to help his family then go to school at 8. So I want to take care of him and let him see me play on the big stage.
What motivates you to work hard?
My family motivates me, but what pushes me past my limits is all the doubters and fake supporters. I just know I was destined to be great and I got to make it happen.
Follow Us on Facebook