- Name: Luis Aguilar
- Height: 6″2
- Weight: 200
- Position: K
- College: Northern Arizona University
- Twitter: @luisaguilar124
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• There is a small Mexican seafood restaurant called “Cocina La Ley” and no joke, they have the best shrimp tacos of all time.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• The consistency in my operation time and technique. You will also see that the same kick throughout all my field goals no matter what the range is, I treat every single one of them the same way.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• First thing I would do is pay off any all of my families debt and put a huge amount of it as well in my parents bank account. Then I would give back to my community back home in Nogales and here in Flagstaff as it has been a huge part of my growth.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure is not valid. Everything happens for a reason. I just learn from it and trust the process.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•My teammates say my best quality is the ability to perform under pressure. Making pressure kicks day in and day out in practice, and then translating that in the game every Saturday.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Everybody, we all coming in with a different type of mindset this year.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Since I arrived to NAU as a freshman, everyone has been calling me Louie and it has stuck since.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I just graduated with a Marketing Degree, and I hope to to one day be the head of Marketing of Athletics for a Division 1 school.
What is your coolest life moment?
• I would say my trip to Chicago this past February. I was invited to accept the Fred Mitchel award for place kicker of the year. The banquet was held at Halas Hall, which is the headquarters for Chicago Bears. I was able able to share this three day trip with my family and coaches.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
•Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi would be my go to song for Karaoke night!
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Mark Wahlberg, since he is also one of my favorite actors of all time.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite football team would have to be the Arizona Cardinals. Besides the fact that its my home team, I grew up watching them on tv and attending games since I was a kid.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• All 32 kickers.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is letting down all my friends, family, and coaches down.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
•It’s actually a very structured and strict routine I do every game-day, but I will just go over the most important parts of it. First, I walk around the field and do a lot of visualization kicks on different spots of the field, both sides for about 15 minutes. Then I warm up with a accuracy drill where I kick a few one steps on the end of the end-zone towards the side of the uprights. After that I go to a PAT, then work my way back every single kick to random spots until I reach the 50 yard line.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Yes, I love to play golf on my free time, I was introduced to it as a kid but really began playing a lot last this past year when I started working at a private golf course in Flagstaff. I was able to take a advantage and golf as many times as I wanted.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Robbie Gould. He’s one kicker who I have looked up to since day one. The way he carries himself on and of the field. His body language after a miss or made field goal, his routine before and during games, etc. He has been a huge influence where I carried a lot of the stuff I learned into my own football career and life itself.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My parents have the biggest influence in my life because they have sacrificed so much my whole life, which is one of the reasons why I am in the position I am today.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My family, friends, and coaches motivate me to be not only the best football player I can be, but the best human being possible.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Could Texans RB David Johnson miss the remainder of the season? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/X2sXtsAL46
about 20 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers ift.tt/37qhsGy
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:Week 12 Injury Report: 34 players suffered an injury this week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/injury… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:Colts punter Rigoberto Sanchez reveals that he has cancer and requires surgery nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rigobe… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Update, Good news, he did not tear his Hamstring nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/daniel… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago