- Name: Isaiah McFarland
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 200
- Position: Defensive Back
- College: Point University
- Twitter: @i3_McFarland
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• The best restaurant to me is WNB Factory the wings and fried rice never fails.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film my ability to get to the ball, create turnovers, and make big plays like interceptions, forced fumbles, and big hits stand out the most.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• The first thing I would do is invest in stocks and allow them to grow.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My biggest failure is not taking academics seriously in high school which led to me missing my freshman year season in college. Earning a starting spot by the end of fall camp to being ineligible for the season hurts but I see set backs as happening for a reason and took it as a time to get a better understanding of the defensive scheme and perfect my craft. I also believe God took that year from me to give it to me in 2020 where it would be more beneficial.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my ability to be a coach on the field and lead. Also the way I’m able to make plays and be in the right spot at the right time.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Chase Turner a WR and Kendall Hillman a CB are the hardest workers on the team. Chase is someone who will do every workout in the weight room and still try to do extra. That man loves the weight room. Kendall is someone who always goes 100% even in drills where we are told to go 60% or 70% and on our off days he finds something to do and realizes that we can’t sit around while our opponents get better.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Yeah, Fargo
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• My degree is in criminal justice so if football some how wasn’t able to work then I’d work towards being a detective.
Do you love small school football? If so follow more prospect interviews here!
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment was finding out I was a honorable mention All American. While I felt like I should’ve been first team that was one of the biggest accomplishments I’ve ever had.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Derez De’Shon ~ Too Many Nights
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• If I had a actor to play me it would be Will Smith because that’s my favorite actor and he is great at what he does.
Who is your favorite football team?
• My favorite team is the Atlanta Falcons.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• “Warning Isaiah McFarland is fearless”
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not reaching my goals and being unsuccessful to the point where I can’t bless the people around me like I dream to one day.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is DJ Swearinger a safety who is known for making plays and plays with so much enthusiasm.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Game day starts with me in my room because I wake up early and mentally I play the game in my head and talk with God and then there’s team breakfast where we’re told the team captains and Coach Dixon says a few words about the game. When I get to the field house I talk to my teammates and after everybody gets there we have a defensive meeting to go over our expectations for the game and watch a little more film. After film it’s time for me to get to myself whether that’s in the weight room, bathroom stall, or anywhere but at that point I step into the person I am on the field. Finally I get dressed and head to the field.
Do you have any hobbies?
• My hobbies are just hanging with friends, working out, playing madden, and playing basketball.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I believe that I’m as versatile as Jamal Adams but I haven’t been able to display that but I have been compared to DJ Swearinger who is also a great player.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence comes from my parents and grandfather. I’ve seen my parents work hard in life for me and my siblings to have what we need and want and my goal has always been to get to the point where I can make sure that they don’t have to work anymore if they don’t want. Next my grandfather because he told me that he prays to be able to see me become a man before dies and if I can’t make that happen then I’ll feel like I failed.
What motivates you to work hard?
• The people who tell me my goals are not reality and don’t think it’s possible are the ones who motivate me to work hard. Then there is the family I plan on having as I get older, I want my future wife and kids to have whatever they need and then some. Also the ones who are behind me at Point University or in any school that’s small. I want them to see it’s possible to reach your goals from a small school, that’s why I work hard.