- Name: Garner Harris
- Height: 5’8
- Position: Running Back
- College: Notre Dame College
- Twitter: @SHRTTX
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Best place to eat in my city is either Lotus Seafood & Wings or Whataburger
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- I believe the things that stands out on my film is the elite quickness and an obvious toughness when I run. I have the mentality of nothing stopping me when I run the ball and I believe that this shows when I play.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- The first thing I would do would be to buy my mom and father a new house and make sure that all of my family is taken care of.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure in my eyes was when I was seven or eight years old and I watched my mom lose her job and there was nothing I could do to help her because I was so young. This hurt me extremely.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say my best quality is the fact that I have a relentless work ethic and refused to be outworked along with my love for competition in everything that I do.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Besides myself, my hardest working teammate is my best friend who is more like a brother to me which is Jaleel Mclaughlin. He has the same mentality that I have of nothing being able to stop him and with him being my brother, we push each other past our limits every single day which allows us to always feed off of each other.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- My nickname has always just been “G” which is just an abbreviation for my real name which is Garner
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is in Business Administration and besides playing in the NFL, my dream job is to own my own training facility and have multiple facilities all around the nation.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- I would probably sing Can You Stand The Rain by New Edition
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- If I had an actor to play me in a movie, I would probably choose either Derek Luke or Michael B. Jordan
Who is your favorite football team?
- My favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- It Would Say, “Warning: He Never Quits & Won’t Be Denied”
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is not being able to reach my dream of the NFL and making the most of the talent that God has blessed me with.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- In my opinion, the most underrated player in the NFL is Tarik Cohen. The reason I say this is because of the fact that he defied all of the odds and was not looked at seriously when first entering the league and ended up being one of the most productive backs in the league.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- When I wake up, I say my prayers and read my bible then I text my mom and dad & tell them I love them. After that, I lock in and just listen to my music and remain in my own world focused and ready for the game.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I am always training and doing everything with football because its my dream, so I workout 4-5x a day so when I am not doing that, I love to spend time with my family so that would be my hobby. Just to actually relax and enjoy my time with them especially because of the fact that I am in school in Ohio and I am from Houston, Texas so when I see them, I love to cherish every moment.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- If I compared my game to anybody in the NFL, it would be Josh Jacobs on the Raiders. The reason I say this is because of the fact that he is not the fastest but has good speed and elite quickness along with being a pure hard-nose Running Back that runs with an amazing amount of physicality. This is what I feel I bring to the game which is why I would compare myself to him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- The biggest influence on my life would be my father. The reason for this is because of the fact that my father came from nothing. He worked harder than anybody to put himself and our family in position to have the opportunity to succeed. He taught me at a young age that nothing will be given to me in life but I can accomplish anything that I set my mind to, but I must be willing to outwork everybody in order to get it and that has always been my mindset. This is the reason he is the biggest influence on my life.
What motivates you to work hard?
- The thing that motivates me to work so hard and outwork everybody the way that I do is because of the fact that nothing was ever given to me in life. Everything I have been able to accomplish, I had to outwork everybody for it and it came the hard way. This is a process that is not easy by any means but it has made me into the man that I am today. I know what it’s like to have nothing and want it so bad so once I began to accomplish things with football, I never wanted to go back to that feeling where I had no accomplishments under my belt. The second factor is that I know that the dream that I am chasing is one that to a lot of people seems impossible, but I know what is on my heart and I know what I have prayed for and I know that as long as I keep God first and continue to outwork all competition every single day while utilizing the talents that he has blessed me with, I know that I will accomplish my dream of making it to the NFL.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- ICYMI:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash in Phoenix… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Ouch you see sometimes it is worth it to trade up twitter.com/pff/status/138…
about 1 hour ago
- Can we cover this instead of all the bad things in the media? This is amazing twitter.com/joncoopertweet…
about 1 hour ago
- This is getting out of hand twitter.com/mikecoppinger/…
about 1 hour ago