- Name: Dylan Curtis
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 230
- Position: Long Snapper
- College: Shippensburg University
- Twitter: @dxlan61
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• I’m a huge fan of Mexican food so I would say Mi Cocina, a family owned Mexican restaurant.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• I would say my coverage abilities more than anything. In three years I have recorded eight tackles, recovered two fumbles, and forced one fumble.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• I would definitely invest a lot of it. That could be generational money if you take care of it.
What has been your biggest failure?
• My first semester of college. I was not ready for the academics side of college and did not do well at all. However I learned a lot from it and I have been very successful ever since!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Reliability and Hard Working. I take a lot of pride in being someone my teammates and coaches can trust while on the field as well as I always give it my all at workouts to try and better myself.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• First of all, there is a long list of guys I could pick from however one that sticks out in particular would be Cameron Tinner. Coming in as a fullback and making the transition to defensive tackle isn’t easy. He has been able to gain 30/40 pounds of good weight, become a big part of the defense, and a captain and he is only going into his redshirt junior season.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Dcurt. My friends in high school started calling me that and it followed me to college. I don’t hear that one as often anymore though.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am majoring in Exercise Science and minoring in Coaching. If being a professional football player doesn’t workout I would love to be a football coach or personal trainer.
What is your coolest life moment?
• Being put on scholarship at Shippensburg. My family has a lot of ties to this university so putting on the Raider uniform in front of my family means so much to me. Coming in as a preferred walk on was awesome but being put on scholarship was another level and it made me and my parents proud of my hard work.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Dixieland Delight. It’s a great boot stomping wall slamming song to sing with the boys!
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Seth Rogan. I feel like we could look alike a little bit and he would definitely make me seem a lot funnier than I am in person.
Who is your favorite football team?
• Diehard Pittsburgh Steelers fan!
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• My friends always joke that I have short term memory loss, I am always forgetting things we were just laughing about.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is not living up to my full potential. I just recently started working with a snapping coach and he is teaching me so much about the art of snapping. One of the biggest things i’ve learned is that I didn’t know much about it at all! So my biggest fear is not becoming the absolute best I can be and giving myself a good chance to become a professional athlete.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Diontae Johnson. He may not be super underrated but I think he is going to really surprise people. Last year as a rookie he was pretty productive and a reliable receiver. He showed flashes of greatness and I am so excited to keep watching him.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• When I wake up I usually watch a college football hype video. After the normal meetings, chapel, breakfast, and warm-ups I usually listen to calmer, slower music to settle myself down and really focus on my task at hand.
Do you have any hobbies?
• I love the outdoors. Hiking and biking are two of my favorite things and with Shippensburg being right in the middle of the Cumberland Valley there are always cool places to go.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I don’t really see much of a comparison to one in particular but someone I really look up to is Luke Rhodes. He came out of William & Mary as a linebacker and made the transition to long snapper after already being in the NFL. He does everything right and it has put him at the top of the Long Snapper world.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Mom and Dad. They both work so hard at their jobs and raised my brother, sister, and I so well. They have been there for me through every up and down. I never really realized how good I had it until I came to college and got to witness other kids situations. That’s all due to my parents working hard to provide for me and my goal is to be able to do that for my own family in the future.
What motivates you to work hard?
• I always want to be the best at everything I do. The thought of playing football for a living and setting myself and family up for life motivates me and pushes me to be the absolute best I can be.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for April 15, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Newest Cardinals WR! twitter.com/dareceroberson…
about 57 mins ago
- Breaking: Cardinals are signing former small school WR Darece Roberson nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/breaki… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/074Ty1w73c
about 60 mins ago
- Bills offensive lineman Trey Adams is retiring from the NFL. #BillsMafia https://t.co/NmgZLxmk9W
about 60 mins ago
- Bills OT Trey Adams is retiring from the NFL
about 1 hour ago