- Name: Donte Davenport
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 215LBS
- Position: Defensive Athlete
- College: West Liberty University
- Twitter: @Donte_Davenport
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• I’m from Philly and there are so many good places to eat. But my personal favorite place to eat is a cheesesteak spot named Dalessandro’s.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• When breaking down my film you will see a player who is great at tackling; instinctive; my pass ability even though I’m smaller; and just a hard-nosed tough player that likes to hit.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• If I won the lotto the first thing I would do is buy a house outside of Philly for my family to live in, so my younger siblings don’t have to grow up seeing the thing I saw in my city.
What has been your biggest failure?
• I don’t really consider anything in life as a failure, I like to say things are lessons learned. But my biggest life lesson would be better prepared in the transition to college from high school; as far as applying to schools and stuff like that.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is that I’m a very hard worker on and off the field. My teammates at Slippery Rock gave me the name jailhouse because of the way I worked out in the weight room.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• I’m a grad transfer at West Liberty University from Slippery Rock University. So I would have to name one of my teammates from Slippery Rock, and I would say Chad Kuhn was my hardest working teammate there.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Most people call me Don’t short for Donte, and my teammates at Slippery Rock call me Jailhouse Don’t.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I have an associates degree in Masonry Construction, and this past fall I received my bachelor’s degree in leadership studies. My dream job would be a counselor or anything where I can help give back to the youth in my city.
What is your coolest life moment?
• My coolest life moment would be winning the PSAC championship this past year.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• I would rap Go Crazy by Almighty King Lord.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Adam Sandler, Adam Sandler has never made a bad movie.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
• I know I’m from Philly but my favorite team is the Cowboys lol.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• Treat me how you would wanted to be treated.
What is your biggest fear?
• My biggest fear is losing my Mom.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Will Parks.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• My game day has been the same since Junior College. I wake up and pray, then I stretch and get dressed. I go to a team meal, where I’m always listening to music. I try to be one of the first ones in the stadium to get treatment. Then after treatment, I’ll text my Mom and girlfriend, then I’ll start getting dressed. I’m always playing Almighty King Lord in my headphones he’s a Philly rapper and one of my friends who was recently murdered. I go out on the field and do defensive drills, then I go back to the locker room and get fully dressed. We have warmups and our meeting, but I’ve been locked in since I woke up that morning. Then we listen to Meek Mill dreams and nightmares intro and we run out onto the field.
Do you have any hobbies?
• My hobbies are just training, I study film on my future opponents, and NFL players. I also like to go to the gun range.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would compare myself between a mix of Zaire Anderson; DJ Swearinger; and Tyrann Mathieu.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my Mom because I watched her work so hard to get where she’s at now; and it shows that hard work pays off no matter what your circumstances are you can achieve it. My Mom also instilled that never give up mentally in me and I know I can achieve anything that I work hard for.
What motivates you to work hard?
• There are multiple things that motivate me to work hard but besides my family, I would have to say the environment I grew up in. I come from a rough environment in Philadelphia where most of my friends and a lot of my family have been murdered. My Aunt was just murdered last May by a stray bullet while she was walking home. The way my loved ones are dying motivates me to go hard every day, to get the people around me out of this environment.