- Name: Devin Jones
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 180
- Position: CB/RS
- College: The University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Twitter: Devo_Era
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Epic Chophouse
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- For starts I think my ability to return the ball and being able to hit the holes hard will stand out, for DB my speed and ability to break on the receiver.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- First, I would put money to the side for my child’s college funds and future, secondly, I would invest, and lastly, I would make sure my mom is good and buy her the dream car she has wanted along with helping my pops out for all the work I have put him through.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure has been not performing to the best of my ability in school my freshman year, I was focused on the wrong things and was going down a dangerous path.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I would say my teammates say my best quality is my speed, and the fight I have in me. They can always depend on me.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Dominique Davis
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- When I was younger going through high school I was nicknamed “Primetime” as I got to college everyone calls me “Devo”
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- My degree is in Public Relations, if football does not work out I would want to be on a crisis communications team for a sports organization.
What is your coolest life moment?
- Honestly, I would say one of my coolest life moments was when my coach forwarded me an email from a parent that had her and her kids on the sideline for one of our games. In the letter it stated how her son was nervous and excited about being close to all the players and she said I made his whole week by going over, and giving him a high 5 and talking to him pregame. It was one of the coolest things hearing that I made a kids day just by being the person I am naturally.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Flexin & Finessin by speaker Knockerz
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Chadwick Boseman
Who is your favorite football team?
- Washington Redskins
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- Warning, Don’t ask too many questions
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is letting the people closest to me down. I just want everyone to be happy and proud.
Read more NFL Draft Prospect Interviews on our Prospects Page
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I don’t think Darius Slay gets the respect he deserves.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- I wake up early, I can never really sleep because I’m always excited and ready to play. After waking up I will eat a light breakfast, watch the “college football pump up” for that week and then go to the field house and watch some of the earlier games that are being played until it is time to get ready for our game. I listen to music and don’t talk much up until the game time when it is time to play.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Yes, I make music in my free time
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I would compare myself to Donte Jackson from the Carolina Panthers because of his athletic ability and he has a high ceiling and hasn’t reached his full potential yet.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- Based on football my biggest influence has been Marcus Mcgruder, he has been coaching me and training me since high school and he has brought out the best in me and has taught me a lot of life lessons even outside of football, he was always hard on me but as a younger athlete, I needed that.
What motivates you to work hard?
- People always telling me I can’t “make it” because of my size has always motivated me to go harder and prove everyone wrong, I also want to mention I’m starting my own family and will have a child that is depending on me, my family is my motivation and being able to make them proud and provide for them is my goal.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Easy way to fix it, take Johnson and Johnson! twitter.com/julian_epp/sta…
about 15 mins ago
- Freaking sad to see a company crumble twitter.com/jonerlichman/s…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Joseph Greenwood, LS, Ball State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/joseph… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 3 hours ago
- Love the stomp on home plate twitter.com/barstoolsports…
about 3 hours ago