- Name: Dalton Holt
- Height: 6’
- Weight: 195
- Position: DB
- College: Slippery Rock University
- Twitter: @SirHoltyHolt
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My physicality, motor and knowledge for the game.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Invest, most likely into real estate and into a clothing brand I am apart of. Doing something with the money that will generate wealth for the long term rather than just spending It short term.
What has been your biggest failure?
• Not winning a WPIAL Championship. Just always coming up short multiple years still eats at me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say probably leadership and the passion I play the game with. I try to lead by example as best as I can and playing the game hard as well as training hard is the best way I know how to do that.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Man there’s a couple of teammates that have crazy work motors but I would have to say Jermaine Wynn is a guy that’s at my top, just simply because he’s my competition so I know exactly how hard that man really works to be perfect. It doesn’t matter if we are in the weight room, 1on1’s at practice, or the final 2-minute drill at the end of the week I know it’s full speed when I see 9 across from me.
Check out Jermaine Wynn’s interview on Draft Diamonds
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Lol When I was younger the announcer reverend Spence started calling me Dalton “head hunter” Holt and all through midget league It kinda stuck.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I’m in safety management at Slippery Rock but ultimately I want to be an Entrepreneur and run businesses as well as get involved with real estate at some point.
What is your coolest life moment?
• That’s a tough one. I would say hitting for the cycle when I was 14 was pretty cool just because it’s like something a baseball player always dreams of doing.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• Follow me by Uncle Kracker for sure.
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Bradley Cooper
Who is your favorite football team?
• Steelers no contest.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
What is your biggest fear?
• Heights and snakes are neck and neck
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Eddie Jackson or Taysom Hill
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• I’ll wake up and we’ll have breakfast or team meal then I’ll go stretch usually while I’m watching highlights, film, or playing music. I usually isolate myself from most people on game day but there’s such a thing as locking in too early it’s good to stay relaxed as much as possible and to not deal with stressful situations leading up to games game so I’ll isolate myself from that. Once I get to the stadium I’ll put my knee pads in my pants first then my thigh pads make sure all my swag I plan on wearing for that game in the correct spot, throw my jersey over top of my pads and set them back on top of my Locker. Then I’ll go get treatment before skill flip. When skill flip is over I’ll come in and put my shoulder pads on go get a drink and wait for Coach Razzano to call the defense for a meeting. After the meeting, I go get stretched until it’s time for team warmups. Once warmups are over I’ll come straight in and go to the showers to have my prayer time alone. My prayer puts the period at the end of my routine I go back to my locker and sit imagining myself on the field and wait patiently until it’s gone time.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Since I got to college it’s been hard to keep up with hobbies school and football is like having two full-time jobs but as of late I fell in love with shooting guns at the range I also like kayaking in the summer.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• I would say I’m a smaller Harrison Smith. Some teammates say the same.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Outside of my family I would have to give that to William James Peterson. When he retired from the NFL he came back to Brownsville and kind of took me under his wing so to speak. Not only has he trained me all these years but also been a friend, a boss, and a mentor. I don’t know where I would be without him.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My family for sure and the environment I grew up in. My hometown will trap you and eat you up if you let It so getting out of there always had a big part of the motivation.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Could the Chicago Bulls Hire a New Coach? ift.tt/378Wtro
about 19 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Rankings with over 600 prospects nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/small-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/B0uaO6G7kp
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:Announcement UPCOMING Pro Days: 2020 MFE Elite Virtual Pro Days w/ Zybek Sports nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/announ…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Marcus Hawkins, LB, Sacramento State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mason Sikes, TE, Boise State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/mason-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago