- Name: Cole Jenkins
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 240lbs
- Position: Long Snapper
- College: Buffalo State
- Twitter: @colejenkins78
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Bar-Bill Tavern without a doubt. The best chicken wings in the world and there is not a debate.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- Consistency. When someone breaks down my film, they will see a player that does their job every single time they step on the field and does not let the moment change their demeanor.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- If I won the lotto, the first thing I need to do is make sure my parents have everything they need.
What has been your biggest failure?
- Never going Division 1
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Tommy Carr. He exemplifies an unreal work ethic, on and off the field.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- I have not. I am usually the one giving them out.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- Criminal Justice. If I do not make it as a football player, I want to be a Buffalo Police Officer
What is your coolest life moment?
- Stepping on the practice field for the first time, realizing I am playing college football.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Higher Love – Whitney Houston
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Will Ferrell
Who is your favorite football team?
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- WARNING: High Velocity
What is your biggest fear?
- Not performing as good as I know I am capable of.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- The most underrated player in the NFL is Morgan Cox. He is the Long Snapper for the Baltimore Ravens, a Super Bowl Champion, 3x Pro Bowler, and has been the snapper for the entirety of Justin Tucker’s career.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- On game day I wake up and make a light breakfast. I then drive to our locker room about an hour and a half before I need to be on the field, saving enough time to get my mind right. I used to listen to music before games but after transitioning to Long Snapper, I instead try to stay calm and collective and think about loved ones. I will stretch in the trainer’s room and stay focused. About 20 minutes before I leave to warm-up, I will pad up and sit at my locker and try to picture how I will perform that day… And then it’s showtime!
Do you have any hobbies?
- I love playing lacrosse still. From shooting on a net or even just playing wall ball, there is nothing more calming. I also just got into reading, it can actually be fun learning something new. In addition, listening to Joe Rogan’s podcast interest me and opens my mind to new ideas.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Steven Hauschka. Hauschka started his career at DIII Middlebury College. He is the epitome of calm and collective every time he steps on the field. His consistency is what every specialist hopes to emulate.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- That is simple, my father. My dad shows me every single day what kind of person I need to be. His character is what I strive to embody in every aspect of life. No words can describe the gratitude I have towards him for always being there for me and always helping me pursue this dream through thick and thin.
What motivates you to work hard?
- My standards, I know where I want to be and what needs to be done. This standard demands a great work ethic.