- Name: Brandon Jackson
- Height: 6’4”
- Weight: 215 lbs
- Position: WR
- College: Azusa Pacific University
- Twitter: @BasdBrandon
Tell us about your university/college. What was your major/minor? How is campus life?
- I attend Azusa Pacific University, a small Christian school in LA. It was different from a traditional “Big” University but I grew as a man in many so I am thankful for my time there. I’m a Public Relations major, I want to go into the sports world maybe sports journalism or as an agent so I thought the skills I gained from my classes would best suit me for a career in either of those fields.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I’m a people person. I know, like everyone knows, how it feels when someone does something as little as says what’s up or asks how your day is. I try to make the people around me feel and know that someone on the team cares how they are doing.
What kind of role do you see yourself in on the team? What scheme and/or position suits your skill set?
- I see myself as a guy who can come in and make an impact. Whether that be as a wide receiver on the active roster, special teamer, or practice squad, I want to help the team win and reach the ultimate goal of a Super Bowl.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Brody Oliver, a receiver from Colorado School of Mines. That was a cold dude, one of the best offensive schemes I’ve played against and they used him extremely well.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Which one of your teammates impresses you the most?
- Weston Carr. I’ve never seen a receiver or player make ridiculous things look so ordinary and effortless.
Describe a time in your life when you were able to overcome a struggle.
- I tore my ACL, LCL, and Biceps Femoris in 2017. I worked for 11 months to get back to the field and had a great year. I had a lot of self doubt and even people relatively close to me doubting my return but I’ve played 2 seasons going on 3 since then and it is something I look back on without regret. It did slow me down, but it showed me how to fight to earn the strength to get back to where I was and even better.
If you didn’t play football, what other sport would you play?
- Basketball or Mixed Martial arts. My mom was a great basketball player and always tried to get me to play young but football took all my attention away from other sports and hobbies, I just fell in love right away. I played basketball, baseball, soccer, and track and field growing up and through high school and I loved them but I knew what I wanted. MMA is something that I just have a lot of respect for. To go into a cage with someone and physically harm/protect yourself from someone trying to put you out and ultimately shaking hands and hugging, even sometimes bowing to each other after is to me, one of the most primitive and honorable things a human can do.
What is something that you are most proud of? What would you say is your biggest achievement?
- Being my mother’s son. She is the most selfless, caring, loving, thoughtful, inspiring, person I have ever known. There are countless memories in my mind that pop up of her going above and beyond, above and beyond. But I can’t think of the last time she got her nails done, or things like a shirt for herself, or shoes. She has always put everyone else’s needs before her own and I don’t know how she does it. I will never be able to compare to the person she is or repay her but being her son is by far what I am most proud of.
Describe one of the most memorable plays of your collegiate career.
- September 22nd, University of North Alabama, 4th down on the final offensive drive for our team. We had just driven down the field in great timing, and it came down to us being on about the 8-10 yd line. This is a transitioning North Alabama so this is our one chance to defeat a D1 team as a D2 and my QB throws me a perfect fade route to take the lead. I finished the game with 111 yards, 9 catches and 2 TDS but it was not enough, they drove down and their kicker kicked the game winning field goal.
Do you have a favorite athlete or professional team? Is there a player that you model your game after?
- Randy Moss. The GOAT! That dude is a freak of nature, everything you want in a receiver he had. I like Keenan Allen and Mike Evans a lot and I would say I see a little bit of both of them in myself. Keenan Allen is a magician and mike evans is a big body receiver so anything I can see in their game and implement it to mine I do.
Who is your favorite music artist? What gets you pumped before a game?
- Drake is the goat by far but I listen to a lot of artists. Young Nudy, Future, Kanye, Kendrick, J. Cole, Bluebucksclan, System of a Down, Brent Faiyaz, and the list goes on.
What is your favorite comfort food?
- Gumbo. My great grandmother and grandmother on my father’s side both make it exactly how I like it, ordering it at different restaurants has made me realize all gumbo isn’t built the same.
Do you have a favorite movie or actor?
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, and Johnny Depp are all some of my favorites.
What do you do in your spare time? Do you have any hobbies?
- I like to listen to music, play Xbox, and workout but anytime I can go and be outdoors and fish I love to do that as well.
Who or what motivates you the most?
- My little brother Trenton. He is only 13 but I can tell he wants to be great by the way he pushes himself when we workout together, I can see it in his eyes that he has that “it”. Being the big brother I know he looks up to me as a role model and someone he wants to be like and hopefully better than me. Seeing his motivation and knowing that I am part of the reason for that is extremely humbling and motivating.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Isaac Parks, P, UNC Pembroke nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/isaac-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 mins ago
- Let’s ago @therealmaasonn #LetsDoThis twitter.com/therealmaasonn…
about 32 mins ago
- Week 2 Recap: New Orleans Saints vs. Las Vegas Raiders ift.tt/3cnJbtI
about 47 mins ago