Deering High School football standout Blain Alves is dead after a horrible and tragic lawn mower accident. Alves died from injuries he sustained when he was mowing a lawn and got trapped between the mower and a parked boat.
Alves, played football, basketball and baseball at the Portland, Maine high school, according to the Press Herald.
The 16-year-old junior was operating a lawn mower when he got trapped between the mower and a parked boat. First responders found the boy suffering from “serious injuries.”
Peaks Island paramedics worked to resuscitate him, and called a LifeFlight, but he died at the scene.
Alves played on the varsity football team as a fullback and linebacker and would have been entering his senior season.
We at NFL Draft Diamonds will be praying for the Alves family. Please keep the Alves family in your prayers. Blain’s Father is a fireman in Portland. May God lift them up in this tough time.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- I am doing interviews on 2021 NFL Draft Prospects, myself, @draftguyjimmy @jrberendzen @that_sports_guy have all be… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 21 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Spencer Brown, RB, UAB nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/spence… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/QkwfNwwuXg
about 42 mins ago
- David versus Goliath!!! I LOVE IT, Can the Heat pull it off?
about 52 mins ago
- ICYMI:Way Too Early Predictions for 2021 NFL Draft Order nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/draft-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Yy5iYjtImw
about 59 mins ago