- Name: Bernard Buhake
- Height: 6’6
- Position: Defensive End/EDGE
- College: St. Ambrose University
- Twitter: @BernardBuhake
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Mariano’s Hacienda in Arlington, Texas. I try to always go with my friends whenever home, the sopapillas and ice cream are amazing.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- My High Motor and Speed. Wherever the ball is that’s where you will find me, I play relentlessly and fast and leave everything on the field.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- The first thing I would do with the money to buy a lot of food and ice cream so I can celebrate. I believe that would be the best way to announce to my family that we are set for life and plus everyone loves food, ice cream, and celebrations.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure so far is not winning a conference championship, it’s been a goal of mine ever since I stepped on campus and I haven’t been able to accomplish it yet.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- Everyone on my team is hard workers and grind every day to get better, but no one works harder than Mark Mudd. His relentless work ethic is motivating and pushes me to work even harder, I’m glad he’s one one of my teammates!
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- Some of my Coaches and Teammates call me “Nard Dog”. I didn’t know how I felt about it at first, but I’ve learned to embrace the name and just go along with it.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- I am a Sociology and Public Health Major and plan on becoming an Epidemiologist or Infectious Disease Specialist.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds Small School Rankings
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment is without a doubt the summer I had last year with the kids at Project Renewal. That experience changed my life and I see life from a new perspective now, whether it was helping them with reading or playing football with them it helped me grow as a person and it is a time I will never forget about.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Let Me Love You by Mario no question!
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- The Greatest Actor Of All Time, Denzel Washington.
Who is your favorite football team?
- America’s Team, The Dallas Cowboys! Coach McCarthy and Dak are going to take us all the way, remember this statement.
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is not reaching my goals.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I hate to admit this because I am not a Saints fan at all but Cam Jordan. He disrupts backfields and is a great pass rusher; he also does a lot of things that don’t show up on the stat sheet.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- I go eat breakfast with my team after that I watch the Spongebob movie, it’s always been a tradition of mine and I contribute to all of my success either that or a few episodes of Spongebob. I listen to really sad music, like Trust Issues or Doing it Wrong by Drake before games. It calms me and gets me focused. Then I eat some type of candy, say a prayer, then I am ready to go.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Since quarantine has started I’ve started cooking and I am a Master Chef now. Other than that just playing video games.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- Danielle Hunter, I model a lot of what I do based on him.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom, seeing how hard she has worked for everything and how hard she has worked for me and my siblings motivates me and has given me the never give up attitude I have now.
What motivates you to work hard?
- Knowing that my family is always supporting me and rooting for me motivates me and my teammates to motivate me as well, the work they put in and the hours they spend is motivating and I can’t wait to step on the field with them this fall.