- Name: Benjamin Walters
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 295
- Position: OL
- College: University of West Georgia
- Twitter: @b_walt71
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- Coming from a small town like Americus, Ga there are not too many restaurants to choose from, but the best restaurant, without a doubt, is Glady’s Kitchen.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- The first thing that you will notice is that I give 100% and that I also make big blocks that go for big gains or touchdowns.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- The first thing I would do is pay off my student loans. That would be one less bill that I would have to worry about after graduating college.
What has been your biggest failure?
- My biggest failure is not believing in myself during my first high school football season. I thought I was not fit to play football in comparison to other football athletes, so I did not give everything I had my freshman and sophomore year. I feel like I could have helped my team in certain situations. It took one day, when my position coach at the time, Jason Reese, told me that no matter what anybody thinks you should always believe in yourself because if I do not believe in myself no one will.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I believe that they would say that my best quality is that I am very outspoken when it comes to motivating others. I want us all to succeed!
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- The hardest working teammate at UWG is Chris Blackston. I am positive that every one of my teammates and coaches would agree with me on this. Chris is always getting extra work whether it is after practice or after weights and he is the definition of “lead by example”.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- I have had so many nicknames it’s crazy. A couple of them are Big Ben, Lil Ben, Big B, and the very first nickname was Bj.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- I am going to school to get my degree in Biology. If I do not make it professionally as a football player, I plan to go on to Physical Therapy School and later open up my own practice.
What is your coolest life moment?
- My coolest life moment was when my middle school basketball team got to meet the entire 2011 OKC Thunder when they played the ATL Hawks. That was when Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, and James Harden were all on the same team. That was definitely the coolest moment of my life!
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- I would sing would be of one my all-time favorite songs “Smile” by Scarface, 2pac and Johnny P. I like this song because when I’m having a bad day, I just play this song and it helps me forget about my current problem. “Through all the rain and the pain, you got to keep your sense of humor and smile through the bad times.”
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- I would pick Will Smith to play me in a movie. He has proven that he is not a one-dimensional actor. He gives all he has in every movie that I have watched, and to me, is one of the best male actors ever.
Check out NFL Draft Diamonds 2021 Small School Rankings
Who is your favorite football team?
- My favorite football team is the Detroit Lions.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- WARNING: Prone to sudden outburst of song! I love music and whenever a song, whether it be R&B, Pop, or Rap, suddenly enters my thoughts then I will start singing it.
What is your biggest fear?
- My biggest fear is to become complacent. I don’t ever want to get comfortable at anything in my life because there is always room for improvement.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I think Anthony Castonzo is on of the most underrated players in the NFL. He is very consistent and plays a very important role for the Colts in “pass pro” and “run game”.
Take us through game day, how do you prepare?
- On game day, I try to remain as calm as possible to save all my energy for the game itself. I wake up, take a shower, and go to the field house for treatment and stretching. Then, I go to pregame meal with the team. After the meal, I get on the NormaTec for 30 minutes. Once I am done with that, I get dressed and ready for the Wolf Walk to go see our fans that come to every home game. After that, it is time for warmups and the team is getting hyped for kickoff. Right before kickoff I take my picture of my father(deceased) out of my sock and I pray that I do not have any injuries and that he is my guardian angel.
Do you have any hobbies?
- I am a very chill and laid-back person. I can be a home body at times, so I like watching movies with my friends or family. I also enjoy playing basketball in the off season.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I would have to say Shaq Mason or Isaiah Wynn.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mother is my biggest influence! She has always told me the truth even when it hurts. She is the true definition of a hardworking woman. Her motto is if you start something you have to finish it, because quitting in never an option.
What motivates you to work hard?
- To know that somebody is out there trying to outwork me. Striving to be the best is what motivates me. That’s all the motivation I need to push myself to be a better individual every day. My offensive line coach preaches to us to get 1% better each day, because the little things add up. This is what motivates me to grind and try to be the best every single day.