What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Cotixan Taco Shop
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My route running ability, hands and toughness
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• Hire a financial advisor to help me make smart investments
What has been your biggest failure?
• I set a goal for myself coming out of high school to start as a freshmen. I ended up being a redshirt that season. I was disappointed and down at the time but it was a reality check, and I used the season as motivation to improve on areas I struggled with. I wouldn’t change it at all because it has helped me get to the point I’m at now.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic, competitiveness and passion for the game
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Brennan Young, Tra Fluellen and Jerreth Sterns
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• Working to get my degree in marketing. I would say my dream job would to work for a sports agency or work as a sports analyst
What is your coolest life moment?
• Throwing the game-winning two point conversion at South Dakota last year
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• It Was a Good Day by Ice Cube
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Brad Pitt
Who is your favorite football team?
• The Chargers – or any team that takes a chance on me
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• “Warning: Attempting to guard will result in fatal consequences”
What is your biggest fear?
• Looking back on life with regret
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen, he’s the best route runner in football.
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Nothing too unusual. I listen to my game day playlist, review the game plan and chill until we get to the stadium. I like to be one of the first people on the field so I can get some extra stretching in and warm up. We’ll run through some routes and get some catches in, then I go back into the locker room and listen to a quick meditation to bring me peace and get my mind ready to perform.
Do you have any hobbies?
• In my free time I like to hang out with my friends, listen to music and play basketball
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Keenan Allen. He’s someone that really is a master at his craft and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. His competitiveness, route running and hands are unbelievable, and I think I provide the same type of game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad. I’ve seen him put in work for my family every day of my life and never once heard him complain about long hours he has to work or drives he has to make. The way he goes about taking care of his responsibilities is something I’ve always looked up to, and hope to replicate for my family down the line.
What motivates you to work hard?
Thinking about the people who believe in me and sacrificed to help me get to this position. So many people have contributed to helping me get here, it’s only right I work hard and appreciate what has come from that.
NFL Draft Diamonds was created to assist the underdogs playing the sport. We call them diamonds in the rough. My name is Damond Talbot, I have worked extremely hard to help hundreds of small school players over the past several years, and will continue my mission. We have several contributors on this site, and if they contribute their name and contact will be in the piece above. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org