- Name: Bailey Zappe
- Height: 6’2
- Position: Quarterback
- College: Houston Baptist University
- Twitter: @baileyzappe04
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
• Tokyo Grill
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
• My poise in the pocket, my accuracy, and arm strength
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
• I would get in contact with an accountant or financial advisor and get their advice on what I should do. I would definitely not tell anyone about it until my money was safe.
What has been your biggest failure?
• The biggest failure I have had in my life happened when I was a Junior in High School. We were playing Veterans Memorial and were losing by one point. As time expired, I was fouled so I had to shoot two free throws with no time remaining. I ended up missing both of the free throws and we lost the game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my best qualities would be my leadership, competitiveness, and work ethic.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
• Jerreth Sterns
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
• Never had one
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
• I am majoring in Business Marketing. If football doesn’t work out, my dream job is to one day become an analyst for ESPN or a part of the marketing team for any NFL franchise.
What is your coolest life moment?
• When we beat South Dakota last year. We were big-time underdogs, everyone said we would only score 14 points but we won 53-52.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
• I can still make Cheyenne by George Strait
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
• Ryan Reynolds
Who is your favorite football team?
• I don’t really have one. I have always followed my favorite players like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, but my favorite will be the team that takes a chance and gives me an opportunity next year.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
• “Caution… multiple bombs are inbound”
What is your biggest fear?
• To look back on my life when I’m old and be able to say that I could’ve done more.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Russell Wilson
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
• Before we have our pregame dinner I usually just lay in bed and relax while watching film of that week’s opponent. Once we are headed to the field, I listen to my pre-game playlist. Once we get to the stadium, I like to take my time, I go get my shoulder and legs stretched out by one of our trainers. When I’m done getting stretched, I get my ankles taped and head out to the field. I jog around to loosen up my legs a little more then I grab one of the receivers and start my throwing regime.
Do you have any hobbies?
• Other than football, my hobbies consist of Hunting and Fishing.
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
• Drew Brees. He’s one of the best to have ever played at the Quarterback position. I have always thought that my abilities closely resemble his so I try to soak in every little detail of his game and then use it to improve myself.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad. From the very first game that I can remember until now he has never missed one. He is the definition of a family man. He has worked for everything in his life and has always been there whenever I needed him most. He has made so many sacrifices for me to help me get where I am today and I hope one day I can make it all worth it for him.
What motivates you to work hard?
• My team and my family. These are the people that mean the most to me and every day I strive to be a better Leader, Quarterback, and Man than the day before.