- Name: Amari Houston
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 265
- Position: DL
- College: Lenoir Rhyne
- Twitter: @D1Amari
What is the best restaurant in your hometown city?
- I’m from Fountain Inn, SC so the best restaurant here is J. Peters.
When breaking down your film what will stick out?
- What sticks out in my film is my quickness in my pass rush.
If you won the lotto, what is the first thing you would do with the money?
- The first thing I would do is buy my mom a house or either her dream car.
What has been your biggest failure?
- I’m not sure if I have many memories of failing but I would say a big disappointment I have is my great-grandma not being able to see me graduate next year. She passed away in September of 2019.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates would say my best quality is my personality from a personal standpoint and my game preparation because of how many games I watch from a player standpoint.
Who is the hardest working teammate on your team?
- I would have to say Dan Louba or either Jason Poe, both work very hard and make everyone around them better.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
- During my freshman year, some of the upperclassmen started calling me boogeyman because they said I would come out of nowhere to get a sack and the name just stuck since then.
What is your degree in, if you do not make it as a football player, what is your dream job?
- I’m majoring in sports management with a minor in business and I would like to start my own sports training business up one day and also get into coaching.
What is your coolest life moment?
- Winning the state championship in football in my sophomore year of high school. It was the school’s first state championship so it was special to be apart of it.
What song would you sing at Karaoke night?
- Started from the bottom by Drake
If you could pick any actor to play you in a movie, who are you picking?
- Ice Cube, too many people say we look alike.
Who is your favorite football team?
- Carolina Panthers
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- “Accepts every challenge, proceed with caution”
What is your biggest fear?
- Disappointing my parents
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- In my opinion I think Geno Atkins
Take us through game day, How do you prepare?
- When I’m heading over to the football facility I give my dad a call and we say a prayer. Once the pregame meal is over with I either sit in my locker or go upstairs and watch Aaron Donald highlights. When I get my uniform on I listen to my music playlist. Right before we leave the locker room for the field I say a prayer and read the motivational quotes I have written down in my notes.
Do you have any hobbies?
- Cooking and playing madden
If you had to compare yourself to someone in the NFL, who would that be?
- I would compare myself to Aaron Donald or either Geno Atkins because of their quickness and leverage they use with their height. I would also compare myself to Elvis Dumervil.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents because of how they’ve raised me and everything they have taught me throughout my life.
What motivates you to work hard?
- My family motivates me to work hard. I’ve seen my mom and dad work hard their whole lives to give my sister and me everything we need in life. Seeing them be proud of me for going to college motivates me to work hard to graduate so I can provide for them. I just want to give back to them for everything they did for me.